A question about excursions

CruzAllNight

So I'm going on the Carnival Fantasy 7/3. We booked the Pearl Island Excursion in Nassau through the Carnival website. So do we have to do anything else prior to going on the excursion like notify them that we booked it? And is there usually someone waiting at the port identifying themselves as the Pearl Island Excursion? Or will I usually have to take a cab/bus to the excursion? And how do they verify that I am booked? And I do recall that the website did say that snorkeling equipment will be supplied, is this the norm?

Sorry for all the questions

So I'm going on the Carnival Fantasy 7/3. We booked the Pearl Island Excursion in Nassau through the Carnival website. So do we have to do anything else prior to going on the excursion like notify them that we booked it? And is there usually someone waiting at the port identifying themselves as the Pearl Island Excursion? Or will I usually have to take a cab/bus to the excursion? And how do they verify that I am booked? And I do recall that the website did say that snorkeling equipment will be supplied, is this the norm?

Sorry for all the questions

Great questions! I completely understand your wondering.

It has been a while since we were on Carnival, but I believe everyone does it about the same:

You will receive your tickets for your excursion when you get onboard. (They should be in your cabin when you get there.) No need to notify them. If you don't have them in your cabin, then I would check the excursion desk, but I bet they will be in your cabin. Excursions are a major moneymaker for the cruiselines and they have this down to a science.

There will be a time indicated on your ticket and a place to meet. Depending on the excursion, it may be on the ship or on the dock. If on the dock, they will have a sign showing what the excursion is. You will not have to obtain transportation.

Yes, snorkel gear w/ the excursion is the norm. Not everyone has their own snorkeling equipment.

Have a great cruise!

The envelope with your tickets will be on the bed or the dresser. You must take them with you for the excursion.

You will usually meet in a lounge in plenty of time. If you meet on the pier there will be tons of signs, the people with the signs will walk around the area and you identify yourself. They will tell you where to go from there (usually tell you to line up at a numbered pole for the buses.

Make sure you bring a towel, sunhat, sunscreen, identification and your sign and sail cards, also a small tip. For snorkling the vest, masks, tubes and fins are provided. They usually provide some form of drink too. There may or may not be alcoholic beverages. If there is alcoholic drinks, these will not come out until your way back (drinking and snorkling don't mix).

Archived