---> !!ALLURE OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [Jun 29, 2013]

Thanks guys! If you didn't know, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted earlier today, around 11:30 am. My mom said the doctors said I did great! I am just relaxing right now, I did pass out briefly about 3 hours ago. Ever since, I am feeling much better. I still haven't even needed to take pain killers yet. I got one of my favorite smoothies from work on the way home :D

I should be good enough tomorrow to finish up my final thoughts and start the second part of my little secret project!

Thanks again!

I hope your recovery is perfect! I ended up with dry socket about 2 weeks after the surgery. Pretty horrible. Wont happen to you, though!;)

Love your review! Thank you so much!

Surprise #1!

This one may not be much of a surprise to most of you but I decided to make a compilation of all the time lapses I got from either coming into port or leaving port. Now I still don't know how to add a YouTube video to the boards so if anyone does, how do you do it?! I will just give you the link to the video like I did the past time.

I already gave you a sneak peak of Labadee; this one will include Jamaica and Cozumel!

I am still working on the other surprise but it has been more challenging than I thought...not sure when it will come out! Maybe in the next week after I really get a chance to work on "it".

Remember once you get to YouTube, change the video quality to 1080p by clicking the button next to 3D!

Click this link to watch --->

Thank you so much! I use the Sony NEX F3, it is perfect! I would suggest it to anyone, the picture quality is amazing and it is small enough to carry around with you everywhere on vacation. I love how the ISO settings change automatically if its dark out, unlike a DSLR

Haha!! It is an awesome cup, right?! I seriously only bought the drink because I wanted that cup!

Did you use the Lens that comes with it? I think 18-55mm?? Or did you buy another lens for it?

I actually had looked at this camera before and did like it alot! Just wasnt sure about not having a great zoom...? Also I love using macro.. what are your thought on this?

Lol Whenever I make myself a drink I always use that cup or some other RCC cup... and sometimes I'll open my cabinets and that cup will be going off.. LOL I think I may need new batteries! :rolleyes::D

Really enjoyed reading this review and enjoyed all the pictures. Great photo tour. Definitely going to be booking and allure cruise in my future! :D

Thanks, I would definitely book if I were you!

Wow- what an amazing cake!! Lucky guy!!!! I'm sure there is not another one in the whole world like it!!! :)

Glad to hear that you are taking your meds and using ice!!!

Yes!!

Mike,

Thank you so much for the review and all of the photos! You, for sure, should be a journalist and photographer.

My husband and I are boarding the Allure on August 18th. This will be our first time on Allure! We are so excited. We've sailed MANY times..but..not ever on this class of ship.

I appreciated your review so very much! We can't wait for our cruise now!

Thank you!

Marcia

Thanks for coming along! Have fun!!

I have to say that this is the best review ever! I absolutely love you photos...they are so fabulous! You have an amazing eye...the shots are really such a fun take on your cruise experience...very creative and I am loving every picture and every comment...thanks for this I was on Oasis and I guess I should have paid a little more attention to the details...I am on Freedom next month I definitely will go aboard with a different view of the ship! Thanks so much Mike! I hope you feel better soon with the teeth...I remember it well! :)

Thank you so much! Have fun on the Freedom!

I hope your recovery is perfect! I ended up with dry socket about 2 weeks after the surgery. Pretty horrible. Wont happen to you, though!;)

Love your review! Thank you so much!

Oh no, that must have been no fun!!

Thank you!

Awesome cake, Mike. Kudo's to your Mom and the bakery that made it. Or maybe your Mom designed and made it?

Gwen :)

One of my mom's coworkers daughter-in-laws made it, isn't she amazing?! She doesn't really even own a pastry business, mainly makes them in her spare time!

Once again, such an awesome review and the pictures are fantastic. You have shot some of the best pictures I have seen. Hope you are feeling better soon..

Thank you so much!!

Did you use the Lens that comes with it? I think 18-55mm?? Or did you buy another lens for it?

I actually had looked at this camera before and did like it alot! Just wasnt sure about not having a great zoom...? Also I love using macro.. what are your thought on this?

Lol Whenever I make myself a drink I always use that cup or some other RCC cup... and sometimes I'll open my cabinets and that cup will be going off.. LOL I think I may need new batteries! :rolleyes::D

I did use the original lens that came with it. I wanted to buy a wide angle lens but I couldn't afford it. The zoom is okay, you can manually zoom the lens and then you can cheat and get a bit extra zoom from the actual camera. I know people who buy different lenses that can zoom more for this camera. But for this trip, it did what I needed it to do! And I feel a bit stupid because I don't really know what you mean by using macro :o but I think it may mean taking close up pictures and having it focus on one object, if that is what you meant, it was perfect for that!

Hope that helped!! Maybe if Gambee is reading this, he could help you out. He is the one who inspired me to buy this camera.

I did use the original lens that came with it. I wanted to buy a wide angle lens but I couldn't afford it. The zoom is okay, you can manually zoom the lens and then you can cheat and get a bit extra zoom from the actual camera. I know people who buy different lenses that can zoom more for this camera. But for this trip, it did what I needed it to do! And I feel a bit stupid because I don't really know what you mean by using macro :o but I think it may mean taking close up pictures and having it focus on one object, if that is what you meant, it was perfect for that!

Hope that helped!! Maybe if Gambee is reading this, he could help you out. He is the one who inspired me to buy this camera.

Yes you helped! Thank you so much!!! And you totally are right about Macro! So not stupid!

Any other help about cameras would be great!!!! :):D:p

You are ridiculously talented, my friend. :)

Thanks so much Maureen! Glad to see you here again! :D

Yes you helped! Thank you so much!!! And you totally are right about Macro! So not stupid!

Any other help about cameras would be great!!!! :):D:p

Welcome, glad I could help! One of the big benefits of this camera is the price...it came out a few years ago so the price it sells for now is way discounted from the original price! I bought mine online but I actually walked past one at Target today.

Mike, many thanks! My wife and I just paid the deposit on a 8 December trip on Allure, and your review and wonderful photos have given us an excellent look at the ship, and all the nuts and bolts that make it up. You have even provided us some great photos of our balcony overlooking Central Park, and what we have to look forward to on the trip.

Again, many thanks, your photos are just excellent!!!

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Surprise #1!

This one may not be much of a surprise to most of you but I decided to make a compilation of all the time lapses I got from either coming into port or leaving port. Now I still don't know how to add a YouTube video to the boards so if anyone does, how do you do it?! I will just give you the link to the video like I did the past time.

I already gave you a sneak peak of Labadee; this one will include Jamaica and Cozumel!

I am still working on the other surprise but it has been more challenging than I thought...not sure when it will come out! Maybe in the next week after I really get a chance to work on "it".

Remember once you get to YouTube, change the video quality to 1080p by clicking the button next to 3D!

Click this link to watch --->

Mike, finally finished your review and I'm glad I did. I loved the time lapse. That fishing ship racing Allure into port at Falmouth was funny. Loved the way you captured one huge cruise ship backing up and turning around to go out to sea on a dime. It looked like one of those remote control models that kids play with a parks.

You have a great eye for composing a photo shot. Don't ever let your athletic side ignore your creative side. Good luck to you in all you endeavor. Don't worry; be happy.

Mike, many thanks! My wife and I just paid the deposit on a 8 December trip on Allure, and your review and wonderful photos have given us an excellent look at the ship, and all the nuts and bolts that make it up. You have even provided us some great photos of our balcony overlooking Central Park, and what we have to look forward to on the trip.

Again, many thanks, your photos are just excellent!!!

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Thanks so much and have a ton of fun, I know you will!!

Mike, finally finished your review and I'm glad I did. I loved the time lapse. That fishing ship racing Allure into port at Falmouth was funny. Loved the way you captured one huge cruise ship backing up and turning around to go out to sea on a dime. It looked like one of those remote control models that kids play with a parks.

You have a great eye for composing a photo shot. Don't ever let your athletic side ignore your creative side. Good luck to you in all you endeavor. Don't worry; be happy.

Haha thanks! Now that you say that, I have a new perspective on the video! :D

[Click this link to watch --->

Well Done, Thanks !

Thanks!!

Edited by swim13

Still working on the suprise #2. Still thinking after this weekend.

Don't be shy about clicking the link people, it really does go to YouTube, it isn't a scam! :p I notice there are way more views on the thread than on the video, lol!

Hope everyones having a great day!

What video editing software did you use for the time lapse? I really like the map annimations you added, I may have to steal that idea :D

I used iMovie that came free with my Mac! If you have Windows, there is Windows Movie Maker that comes with those computers although I'm not sure it has the map stuff.

Edited by swim13

I used iMovie that came free with my Mac! If you have Windows, there is Windows Movie Maker that comes with those computers although I'm not sure it has the map stuff.

I thought I had seen it before, and that is where it was! Thanks. I usually use Adobe Premier when I do stuff, but the pre-made animations of iMovie are great!

I thought I had seen it before, and that is where it was! Thanks. I usually use Adobe Premier when I do stuff, but the pre-made animations of iMovie are great!

You're welcome! I love those little animations, especially the underwater one! :D Adobe Premier is good too although I have yet to really make anything in that program.

9259064512_83f70e6a4a_o.jpg

9256287545_f2a327b4bd_o.jpg

9259063564_c7ecde03cd_o.jpg

This image is BLURRY but I wanted to post it because of the colors!

9259063116_0e2d05146d_o.jpg

9259062788_e47389b82f_o.jpg

9256286035_dfb3642b98_o.jpg

Alright DAY 2 has come to an end. I hope you enjoyed your journey through the second day with me! Tomorrow we arrive in Labadee, Haiti, my favorite port of the cruise!! I have a ton of great pictures for you tomorrow. I will respond to everyone later tonight. PLEASE JOIN IN AND COMMENT! Gambee where are you?! =D

Goodnight everyone!

I am really enjoying your review, and your pictures are the best. Will be on her 8/ 2015.