Baie Rouge

Curt428

Any updates on the beach at Baie Rouge. Rocks still visable, condition of the beach, what vendors on the beach, did you feel safe, and other updates. Looking for post from people that have been to Baie Rouge in the last 2 months only. Thanks.

Any updates on the beach at Baie Rouge. Rocks still visable, condition of the beach, what vendors on the beach, did you feel safe, and other updates. Looking for post from people that have been to Baie Rouge in the last 2 months only. Thanks.

Even 2 months can make a whole lot of difference in a beach. We went to Grand Case beach in early January and the swells were huge, no sand could be seen much at all and no one was in the water on that morning. Two months later when we were back the beach was in decent shape with many people enjoying the water.

Also when it's a great beach day there will be vendors out but if it's cloudy and rainy there won't be many at all.

The time of year and how many ships are in will allim ale a difference in the number of visitors from this site that visit a remote beach such as Baie Rouge. May and June are not busy cruise months for St. Maarten.

Hurricane season and storms also effect the beaches and from July to the end of November seems to be high season on the island for these.

The construction around Marigot that is presently going on is another thing that may be keeping people away from this beach.

If I make it to Baie Rouge on my island visit this summer I will try and remember to post on the conditions.

Just thought that within 2 months it would be a better indication of the condition of the beach rather than a year or more ago. Didn't think that much would change in 2 months.

Going to St. Marteen Aug. 10 and looking for a nice beach but not Orient. Don't want the loud noise and crowds. Something nice for swimming in the morning and then going to Marigot for lunch and my kids want to go to Maho to see the planes in the afternoon before getting back to the pier for a little shopping and back onboard the ship.

Just thought that within 2 months it would be a better indication of the condition of the beach rather than a year or more ago. Didn't think that much would change in 2 months.

Going to St. Marteen Aug. 10 and looking for a nice beach but not Orient. Don't want the loud noise and crowds. Something nice for swimming in the morning and then going to Marigot for lunch and my kids want to go to Maho to see the planes in the afternoon before getting back to the pier for a little shopping and back onboard the ship.

Check back here re: Marigot road construction before your port day. Have a plan B just in case.

I gather you will have a car. Perhaps Simpson Bay might be a nice beach to combine with Maho if you think Mullet would be too busy. Plum or Prune might be another option to check into. Although Simpson Bay and Mullet are near the airport I don't find that the proximity to Maho is a problem.

Maho between 11 and two is usually a good time to see the large jets in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

DS went to Baie Rouge on Friday July 19th and said that all she saw at the water line was large rocks. She told me to not bother heading over there as she didn't see anyone in the water and didn't know how you could enter it any how with the large slabs of rock at the shoreline.

DS went to Baie Rouge on Friday July 19th and said that all she saw at the water line was large rocks. She told me to not bother heading over there as she didn't see anyone in the water and didn't know how you could enter it any how with the large slabs of rock at the shoreline.

Thank you Karysa for the update. Good to hear the update. Will make some other plans for a different beach. Looking for something a little quieter in morning and then to Maho around 11 -2 for the planes.

Thanks again.

Thank you Karysa for the update. Good to hear the update. Will make some other plans for a different beach. Looking for something a little quieter in morning and then to Maho around 11 -2 for the planes.

Thanks again.

Simpson Bay beach was quiet until after 11. Karakter opens at 9 and provides umbelllas and chairs with the purchase of food or drinks. Lovely and very underrated beach on the island and inbetween the port and Maho so I think that this is a good choice for you. Marys boon next door just next to the beach is very quiet as well.

Archived