Dawn Aft Penthouse with 4 people?

Brentngigi

Hi. We're booked for the August 9th sailing of the Dawn in cabin 10226. Currently it's just DH and myself, but were are leaning towards bringing our 2 boys 8 and 10 along. NCL says we will all fit in the cabin,but has anyone ever sailed with 4 people in an aft penthouse suite? Will anyone have any privacy? Any information/thoughts/suggestions are appreciated :)

Hi. We're booked for the August 9th sailing of the Dawn in cabin 10226. Currently it's just DH and myself, but were are leaning towards bringing our 2 boys 8 and 10 along. NCL says we will all fit in the cabin,but has anyone ever sailed with 4 people in an aft penthouse suite? Will anyone have any privacy? Any information/thoughts/suggestions are appreciated :)

My first cruise was an aft penthouse in the Dawn - can't remember which one. The room is spacious, the bathroom as well. The only 'privacy' you'd have (other than closing the bathroom door) is a curtian that wrapps around the bed. It might be a bit tight for 4, but you could probably manage it - as long as the boys don't mind sharing the pull out - I think it's only a full, or smaller! Below is a pic of the seating area

22442_302045906461_6693856_n.jpg

Just asked again and NCL was happy to add the 2 kids to the existing suite, but based on the previous posts we have switched to a 2 bedroom family suite.

Thanks for the advice CaribJoey, and for the photo laurabegorrah. That picture alone got me to switch!

Just asked again and NCL was happy to add the 2 kids to the existing suite, but based on the previous posts we have switched to a 2 bedroom family suite.

Thanks for the advice CaribJoey, and for the photo laurabegorrah. That picture alone got me to switch!

Great decision. Everyone will love the family suite. The rep may have been happy to add them to the SF until she tried and the system would not let her. Just go online ad try and book 4 into an SF. If you indicate 4 passengers they will not even show up as an option.

The pullout sofa is more twin size. I can't see 2 people sleeping on it. One of the boys may have to sleep with you and your husband.:)

Not sure it is a full twin size. Here is a picture of the new sleeper "chair"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373497489.698191.jpg.c8a6a396a3c70965e9ed16a210c115e8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The pullout sofa is more twin size. I can't see 2 people sleeping on it. One of the boys may have to sleep with you and your husband.:)

Hehehe- I'll pass ;) 2 bedrooms is the way to go until I can trust the kids in an inside across the hall

Archived