discover Mexico park

miss tea

We are going to cozumel in a couple weeks. We were thinking of stopping by discover mexico park. Has anybody been there can you tell me how far it is. Walking distance or cab? What do you think about it. I also wanted to know where some good mexican food places are.Thanks for the input

Edited by miss tea

• 3 weeks later...

If you have not already sailed.

If you are not taking ship excursion which includes transportation you will need a cab. Cab price varies a little depending upon which of the three piers you are at. Under no circumstances should it be more then $6 pp each way.

It is nice and is like a mini history lesson along with a botanical garden area and Mayan replicas.

I prefer Pancho's Backyard downtown which is situated through and behind Los Cincos Sole. Once again downtown, not at the Puerto Maya Pier location.

We are going to cozumel in a couple weeks. We were thinking of stopping by discover mexico park. Has anybody been there can you tell me how far it is. Walking distance or cab? What do you think about it. I also wanted to know where some good mexican food places are.Thanks for the input

• 4 months later...

After printing a $ 5 discount, decided to take the ship's tour as the price is almost the same and will not have to worry about takinga taxi both ways. Looking forward to this cruise and doing a little sight seeing too.

If you have not already sailed.

If you are not taking ship excursion which includes transportation you will need a cab. Cab price varies a little depending upon which of the three piers you are at. Under no circumstances should it be more then $6 pp each way.

It is nice and is like a mini history lesson along with a botanical garden area and Mayan replicas.

I prefer Pancho's Backyard downtown which is situated through and behind Los Cincos Sole. Once again downtown, not at the Puerto Maya Pier location.

I think DM is considered to be in the south beach zone and taxis are $10 pp. It's across from Chank. But DM is interesting and they have what I consider musuem gift shop quality items for sale, not just the tack tourist stuff. Bit pricy though.