Guess what? I have an upgrade question! =)

I do not have the unrealistic idea that RCCL is going to magically call us and offer us a free upgrade. :p

However, how often do they call and offer one at a discounted rate? And how discounted is it?

My mom claims every time she has cruised with them, they have called to offer a discounted upgrade. I'm wondering if they will do the same for us?

I am fine with our inside stateroom...but wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for something nicer. Just the price jump was so huge to go from an inside to an oceanview, we decided against it.

Did you book through a TA? If so, tell them that you would be accepting of an upgrade if one can be had.

I have gotten upgraded because I have kept an eye on the prices for our cruise and jump when the prices of a higher level cabin have dropped. (or you may find the price of your cabin has dropped and choose to stay there.) We have gone from an inside to an outside this way.

You will have a great cruise no matter which cabin you are in!

BUT . . . may the upgrade fairy sprinkle her dust upon you!

I got a free upgrade, though it was not from RCI. Instead, our TA forgot to send in my deposit. By the time she realized her mistake, all of the inside cabins were booked and she was forced to book us an Oceanview at the travel agency's expense.

Archived