Capt. Marvin 1:15 tour vs. Valor tendering - will it work?

jerick

Hi,

I'm hoping someone who has recently sailed on the Valor will see this. We are booked on Capt. Marvin's Stingray City tour in August. The tour is scheduled to end at 3:45pm. According to Carnival, the last tender leaves for the ship at 5:00pm. HOWEVER, I'm guessing that we are talking about local vs. ships time, so the tour is scheduled to get us back 15 minutes before the last tender. Am I right?

Has anyone recently done this? Did it work out ok? Shoretrips assures me that there will be no problem, but the 15 minute window makes me a little nervous.

Thanks,

Jeff

It's always nice to find someone who's been on the ship you will be on. I'm surprised how things vary (ship time vs. port time) within a cruiseline. Ruth's just real helpful...

Have a great time! We loved Captain Marvin's! In fact, I just emailed her about island info and she sent me some great info (we're wanting to stay there for a week). :)

It's always nice to find someone who's been on the ship you will be on. I'm surprised how things vary (ship time vs. port time) within a cruiseline. Ruth's just real helpful...

Have a great time! We loved Captain Marvin's! In fact, I just emailed her about island info and she sent me some great info (we're wanting to stay there for a week). :)

I'm having trouble posting...anyone else? And only part of what I type ends up posting! How weird! If this posts more than once...sorry. I can't figure out what's going on!

We are on the Valor on July 10 and will be in GC on July 14. We are booked with Buccaneer at 10:30. I know we couldn't have done an earlier tour, but I wasn't sure about a later one. I will look forward to hearing about your tour.

I just got back from sailing on the Miracle and did the sting ray city, reef and rum point tour through Native Way Watersports. Our tour was to end at 1:45 with the last tender at 2:15(island time). We got back to tender with only 6 minutes to spare. Our guides stopped at 2 different hotels to drop off passengers on the way to the tender. The excursion was wonderful, we got great service and attention. However, I felt like they did not pay enough attention to our (cruisers) deadlines. The hotel guests should have been dropped off after us. At the rum point we had to tell them it was time to go!!!! In my opinion 6 minutes is cutting it too close, and I was really on edge all the way back to the tender location.

Archived