Travel Insurance

DEWEYWIS

Hey David

Nice to see you on board again. Medicare does not cover out of U.S. Jim will start Medicare in Feb. We always buy trip/medical Ins for our cruises. We always go thru Insure my trip or square mouth and have always found costs reasonable. However since Jim turns 65 soon (and of course aging myself) we were in for quite a shock when purchasing for our next two cruises. Costs jumped dramatically. We have pre-existing conditions and to get a waiver for that you must purchase the Ins within a certain number of days after your first payment to cruise (or whatever) line, usually the max is about 21 days. What we have found is to insure the amount of the down payment only then when you pay final contact the Insurer to up your coverage. This way you will be covered for pre-existing no matter what and if you decide to cancel before final payment you will only lose the amount you insured for deposit only not the entire trip cost. Fortunately we have never had to use Ins but many times we have had to alter the actual agreement ie when we switched Alaska cruise for the one to South America where we met you. Hopefully none of us will need this most important coverage. Deb

Thank you! I'd been cogitating over that very issue. Now I know how to handle it.

cbb: thank u for asking. He now has been placed in special ed classes. He is loveable, sweet, cute, but not the same. He underwent brain surgery and was hospitalized for a long time. We all love him dearly, but he is not the same.

Archived