Corfu reccomendations?

Estealvarado

Hi folks. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do / where to go on Corfu in October with an active 17 month old? Thinking of renting a car and see that Sunrise offer free infant seats. Does anyone know the condition of them?

Thanks Dave

Hi folks. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do / where to go on Corfu in October with an active 17 month old? Thinking of renting a car and see that Sunrise offer free infant seats. Does anyone know the condition of them?

Thanks Dave

The car we got was well "used" but reliable and we only paid 20-Euro for the day so you can't expect a lot for that rate.

I am in Corfu now, about to board our ship again. We did a 5 hour with Corfu Taxi Tours (200 euros). Cristos was our driver. He did an excellent job! Fantastic tour. He took us to/thru many local spots and villages. Of course we also saw many of the popular tourist spots.

He took us to a local shop to sample local olives, fresh bread with olive oil & oregano and local wine they bottle right there (all things tasted great).

We also stopped at a restaurant right on the water for lunch (I'm pretty sure we were the only American's there) and a dip in the Adriatic Sea.

He will completely organize the tour to whatever you want to see. You can spend as little or as long as you like at each place. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We used Corfu taxi tours also and paid 40E per hour. We had a 3 hour tour with Philip who took us all over the island and to the beach. Had a great time and saw and learned a lot about Corfu.

Thank you for sharing the information. Was your pricing the same whether you had two or four people?

Did you feel the amount of time on the tour worked for you? How long were you in port and how long did you spend on the beach?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We took the shuttle into the old town and walked around to enjoy the shops and the people in the town. It is also easy to walk up to the top of the fort for beautiful views.

Hi where do you catch the shuttle bus from and how long does it take

thanks

As I recall, the local shuttle buses were just as you exited the port area. It was a very short walk (maybe a block or so). And the shuttle into the town was maybe just 5-10 minutes. It was more like a shuttle for the cruise folks than it was a public bus, as the only folks on it were from the ship. It was very easy to get going back also and they ran frequently.

• 3 weeks later...
We paid 10 EUR for a taxi from pier to old town. Wandered the streets until we found the main square. There were carriages lined up in the small park and took about a 40 minutes tour/ride for 50 EUR for 2. Nice relaxing day in Corfu town. We didn't wander outside of town as lots of folks do.

Taxis are lined up in the main square, 10 EUR for the ride back to the pier.

Was the cost of taxi per person or for total in taxi?

• 4 weeks later...
I found the best thing was the scenery in Corfu itself rather than any of the attractions. We did a panarama tour with Corfu taxi tours. There is a thread devoted to them, also reviews on Tripadvisor.

Had a wonderful, relaxing day.

I just booked with them. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Dragging an oldish thread. I've emailed Nautilus Day Cruises twice now with no response. Anyone know if they are still in business?

I also emailed them a few days ago and still no response.

I have emailed them several times over the course of the last few weeks. I initially was advised that I would be emailed back for confirmation, however after several email attempts, I have not heard from them. I have given up. Does anyone know of any other similiar companies that offer this time of excursion?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

:p:)

I found the best thing was the scenery in Corfu itself rather than any of the attractions. We did a panarama tour with Corfu taxi tours. There is a thread devoted to them, also reviews on Tripadvisor.

Had a wonderful, relaxing day.

Can I also recommend Corfu Taxis, we only had a half day in Corfu and Spiros took us to some great sites giving us a very varied tour of his Island. We wanted something that didn't involve any walking, as my husband gets very short of breath and this was just perfect.

Edited by oap22

We did this cruise last year and had the best tour guide in Corfu that I found on cruise critic. He and his sister give the tours. We did a 5 hour tour that lasted about 6 hours.

we used www.corfutaxi**************** Dimitris is the best - please tell him kari sent you.