What's going on with Carnivals prices/website??

mustardgirl

So I was checking my cruise rates (probably the 5th time today. I know too much time on my hands..) and I came across something weird... even for Carnival...

The rate for my cruise (oct 12 2013)when doing a booking through website says (for 4 pp) that a balcony room is 2256 (without taxes and fees, no upgrades, just the cove ) now this is the "fall winter sale" the "fall winter sale-past guest" is no longer there! :eek:

But the weird part is the fare viewer... it shows the "fall and winter sale-past guest" as $3976 !!!! :eek::eek: I don't think I have ever seen where you pay $1720 more for being a past guest!! All was normal earlier today... now this... this rate is more than what we originally paid (and that's including taxes...lol)

:confused::confused:

Anyone else notice weird stuff going on with fareviewer/website... as far as pricing goes... I know the website can have lots of issues

Some one else going on the Liberty said the same thing. $ people in an inside room one rate was $1200.00 or something like that, but the new sale rate was like $3900.00, way out of whack I would say. Do a mock booking and see if it is different than the fareviewer.

I was lucky and the fareviewer gave me another $80.00 in OBC and was approved in under 20 mins.

Actually all the Breeze dates are gone but one cruise for January. What is going on? No way they all sold out in a few hours! The prices were not low

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They are changing the ports on some of the Breeze cruises (my Jan 12th changed all ports). So they are probably offline right now to adjust that info

My B2Bs on Victory for October are doing the same- have been since yesterday :rolleyes:

OP, the ships I've been checking seem to be normal pricing, although the fall and winter stuff disappeard a few days ago for me. But a Candadian resident rate appeared :). Fare viewer has the same pricing as booking. But one I am looking at is doing what you are desciribing. Not matching up at all with fareviewer. I just assumed its a temporary glitch.

OP, Hijacking thread for a moment..please forgive me....

kyo413...is this the cruise(s) you chose for you and your BF? I cant remember seeing the outcome of that thread when you were deciding.:)

Actually all the Breeze dates are gone but one cruise for January. What is going on? No way they all sold out in a few hours! The prices were not low

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

yah, we were looking at a breeze for new years,and there were a tone of rooms last night. also, another one we were looking at, out of ft lardedail, whole cruise gone. . . i went to book it today and it si just gone, no trace. and if you fallow the ship and where it sailed, you can see the gap. It was very empty when I looked yesterday, and now, nothing

Some one else going on the Liberty said the same thing. $ people in an inside room one rate was $1200.00 or something like that, but the new sale rate was like $3900.00, way out of whack I would say. Do a mock booking and see if it is different than the fareviewer.

I was lucky and the fareviewer gave me another $80.00 in OBC and was approved in under 20 mins.

when i looked at the breeze yesterday, we were looking ta an ocean view and it was about 600pp for 7 days, not even close!!!

My B2Bs on Victory for October are doing the same- have been since yesterday :rolleyes:

YES, this is the one that disappeared on me!!!!!!1 we were doing the b2b for platinum, any info on where it is changing? we had not booked it yet but did have one of the 2 on hold. I am cruising with my mom next week and was trying to hold out until then to boo to get the 100 OBC

I am booked on the Jan 12th sailing on the Breeze, earlier post said all different ports, any idea where and how did you find out????? I too was checking prices tonight and cruise was no where to be found!!!

This usually means there's a glitch in the fare viewer and or website. Keep checking back and you should eventually see the correct prices. Ships rarely sell out that quick and when prices are way off it's a glitch. Clear your cookies and try it again. Mine was correct this morning.

I am booked on the Jan 12th sailing on the Breeze, earlier post said all different ports, any idea where and how did you find out????? I too was checking prices tonight and cruise was no where to be found!!!

It's back up. Same price as previous itinerary so far.

I found out by checking "manage my cruise" last night. We are now going to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Cozumel. Carnivals website is now showing the cruises also as of this morning.

Sometimes sales just depend on availability of room types.

Back in March they ran a Carnival's Onboard Credit + Upgrade Sale w/ and w/o past guest. For whatever reason for OV it was less for Past Guests but for Insides NON-past guests was cheaper.

I know it didn't make sense to me - you would think Past Guest would always be the cheaper rate but I found it to not be the case in March.

But then the Friends and Family sale came out and those rates were better so I switched again - LOVE Early Saver!

OP, the ships I've been checking seem to be normal pricing, although the fall and winter stuff disappeard a few days ago for me. But a Candadian resident rate appeared :). Fare viewer has the same pricing as booking. But one I am looking at is doing what you are desciribing. Not matching up at all with fareviewer. I just assumed its a temporary glitch.

OP, Hijacking thread for a moment..please forgive me....

kyo413...is this the cruise(s) you chose for you and your BF? I cant remember seeing the outcome of that thread when you were deciding.:)

I thought I updated on that! I am sorry. No, this was the B2B I already had booked with my family. BFF and I chose Sunshine out of NOLA. Thanks for asking!!

Ok, back to regularly scheduled pricing discussion....

I thought I updated on that! I am sorry. No, this was the B2B I already had booked with my family. BFF and I chose Sunshine out of NOLA. Thanks for asking!!

Ok, back to regularly scheduled pricing discussion....

You likely did...I just never saw the thread at the end :( Sounds great!

You likely did...I just never saw the thread at the end :( Sounds great!

Thanks! We were so torn, but the fact that it was the last run for Freedom before drydock really had us a bit uneasy. It probably would have been wonderful! But then when Southwest released fares, NOLA was half the cost of what it had been on other airlines for me, and still one of the cheapest for her- plus it was much more equidistant. Now that Sunshine will only be there a limited time, I am even happier with our decision!

Its funny because I was looking at doing the Victory in October but have now set my sights on the Conquest out of Nola. Have never been to Nola. Sailed Conquest out of Galveston many moons ago.

Now if I could just get an aft balcony to open up so I can jump on the Canadian Resident Rate sale that seems to be consistent this week I'll be good to go! But the fares have been all over the map this week for sure at other ships I was looking at!

Archived