Do I have to pay to make dinner reservations?

OceanBlue123

Only in specialty restaurants, and you pay when you make the reservation. If you have any OBC you might want to make those onboard so they hit your onboard account and not your credit card. Generally you can get into any restaurant if you reserve on the ship, if you're not wed to a specific day or time. The exception might be Teppanyaki which books up pretty quickly.

Having said that, there have been reports of people making standing MDR reservations if they are looking to eat the same time each night with the same server (which some people like, I guess). These would need to be addressed on the ship at the restaurant. It's not available online anywhere.

Can I make dinner reservations in the complimentary MDR's or are reservations only available in the specialty, fee charging restaurants?

If you are with a large group, you can make reservations in the main dining room, otherwise it's first come, first served.

You can make your specialty restaurants on board if you don't want to pay ahead for booking them before sailing. The only ones that I would worry about would be Teppanyaki, as it fills up fast, but the rest, if you're flexible about the time, can be made on board.

I've sailed 10 times with NCL and

Hope this helps!

Freestyle does not require reservations. You turn up and eat when YOU want to eat. On some occasions you may have to wait a few minutes to be seated if the restaurant is busy, just like a restaurant on land. The only exception to this is the Teppanyaki specialty restaurant as they have limited seats and operate set sitting times.

I think that allowing people to make reservations for the MDR is actually against the principles of Freestyle. The more people that are allowed to reserve set times each night for the whole cruise the more it restricts the choice of others and Freestyle is all about personal choice.

Archived