Is there any freebies from RCCI when paying by Amex Plat.

Does anyone know if American Express in the US gives its cardholders any freebies when booking a RCCI cruise.?

I have a Platinum card and I read that with certain Cruise Lines the cardholders get onboard credit etc when using their card to pay for their cruises.

We dont get it in the UK...but would love to know if cardholders in the US/Canada get anything.

Thanks

Liz

Yes. If you use your platinum Amex card you will automatically be upgraded to the best suite on the ship. When you are ready to board you will be given a white cashmere robe and a crown containing the finest gemstones. A special red carpet will be laid beneath your feet and rose petals will be strewn upon the ground as you walk while trumpets herald your arrival on board. You do believe me don't you........:rolleyes:

Actually, all you get is a free dessert in the Windjammer (the desserts are all free there anyway).

RCI is not one of the cruiselines that participates in the AE Platinum Card program. If I were you I would check with American Express Platinum Card Travel Services to get the latest information on the program in case it changes. I recently downgraded my Platinum card to an AE Gold Rewards card since we rarely, if ever, took advantage of any of their benefits which would justify the higher annual fee. Since I was able to maintain my accumulated points, retain membership in that program, and get my wife her own card.

Awww ...superjerryw....hey that was toooo cruel...shame on you ...think you have been reading too many of RS/OS/whogeemeflip's posts.:D

I had read on cc...some time ago that yes US cardholders did get benefits that we dont ...and just thought I would check it out if that was still the case.

Liz

Archived