Saturday Night Fever / In The Air Shows -- Liberty of the Seas

Are these two shows on the LOS worth taking time out of a busy cruise schedule?

The LOS entertainment schedule shows that In The Air only has two shows total (both on the second night) and Saturday Night Fever also has two shows total.

Is it hard to get "good seats" to these shows or can you decide last minute

to attend?

How early would you need to arrive to get a Prime seat location (4 seats)?

Is the Main Theater not used at all on the other four nights?

Thanks.

On our Transatlantic in April, we went to both of these shows twice and thoroughly enjoyed them. We went to the late showing and arrived at the theatre about 35 or 40 minutes before showtime and had no problem with seats.

Theatre is used on other nights for other shows such as singers, dancers and comedians.

I think your responses have sold me on seeing these shows. Thanks!

Are reservations necessary? Are reservations for a specific seat or just a "spot" in the Theater? It says on the Cruise Pre-planner that you can't reserve shows on the Liberty until you board, but I thought I read on here somewhere that nobody checks reservations when you enter the Theater.

If no reservations necessary, it sounds like arriving 30min prior to the show SHOULD ensure a decent seat?

I was able to see both shows on our cruise in April. Normally, I don't like cirque-type performances, but I found In the Air absolutely entrancing and, had our cruise been longer, would have gone to see it again. Likewise, Saturday Night Fever. Wouldn't have gone to see in on land, but found it delightful on board. Go see both. Even though we had reservations, I understand they are not taking them anymore. I would think you would be able to get a good seat. The theatre wasn't even half-full on our cruise. Enjoy.

Are reservations necessary? Are reservations for a specific seat or just a "spot" in the Theater? It says on the Cruise Pre-planner that you can't reserve shows on the Liberty until you board, but I thought I read on here somewhere that nobody checks reservations when you enter the Theater.

If no reservations necessary, it sounds like arriving 30min prior to the show SHOULD ensure a decent seat?

Outside of +1'ing to the other post saying that it's worth it...

The reservations allow you to get in prior to those w/o. Unless you can sit in the Gold seats, the "ticket" does not get you a specific seat.

Otherwise, you can wait for the rest of the attendees to get in. And 30 min should be ok- the lines we saw on the Oasis looked big, until you put them into perspective of the size of the theater. Except for early showings of the air show, there were seats.

Edited by alfaeric

We saw both of these shows on Liberty, and were advised to made reservations, which we did. That said, we still had to arrive half an hour prior to get decent seats. Both shows were very good, as was the ice show.

The only show reservations on Liberty are for the ice show, which can be reserved pre-cruise using Royal's website. All the other shows are first come, first served.

The only show reservations on Liberty are for the ice show, which can be reserved pre-cruise using Royal's website. All the other shows are first come, first served.

That must have changed since we were on Liberty. We made ressies for all three shows;)

That must have changed since we were on Liberty. We made ressies for all three shows;)

Yes, advance show reservations (except for the ice show) for Freedom and Liberty were eliminated a few months ago.

Its all a matter of taste. My husband wanted to see Saturday Night Fever - he fell asleep halfway through.

I sympathize with your husband, it is a good show, but it's longer than a typical production show.

I really thought my husband would be bored with both of these shows and he enjoyed them both. He has never cared for production shows on the other cruises we have been on, but he thought the entertainment on Liberty was the best so far. We have not been on Oasis or Allure which but have excellent shows from what we hear. These shows are definitely worth your time IMO.

Woot blackhawks!:D ( ok I HAD to get that in )

We were on the Liberty a month ago..The shows were very good! No reservations for these 2 shows..go there early and pick out a seat. On the 2nd level, there were some reserved seats for Gold card members, but that was about it. Trust me, you will enjoy both shows:)

Ali

We especially enjoy the "Saturday Night Fever" show. I guess we have seen it at least six times. My advice to those who see it, be sure to stay to the very end. Everytime we have seen it, folks rush out when the think it is the end, but then they miss the awesome song and danne medley of famous 70s songs done by the entire cast.

It is so energetic and the spectacle just pumps up your engery. That is the best part of the show and yet so many people miss it. Maybe they are rushing to late seating in the MDR. I think the grand finale of SNF is better than food.

Yes, advance show reservations (except for the ice show) for Freedom and Liberty were eliminated a few months ago.

We had reservations for all shows on the April TA....has that changed since then? We're on Freedom on Oct 6. Perhaps we don't need reservations for the shows on that cruise? But, the shows on Liberty are definitely worth it!

Peter

How long have the shows been running? They sound great, but we don't sail on the Liberty till April. I'm hoping they haven't changed to a new entertainment line-up by then.

The production shows are very expensive to change, so they stay the same for years.

Based on this information, I'm assuming they rarely "sell-out", and my 30min before showtime should be sufficient to get good seats.

Most likely. Each cruise is different, but you should get an idea on the first night.

We especially enjoy the "Saturday Night Fever" show. I guess we have seen it at least six times. My advice to those who see it, be sure to stay to the very end. Everytime we have seen it, folks rush out when the think it is the end, but then they miss the awesome song and danne medley of famous 70s songs done by the entire cast.

It is so energetic and the spectacle just pumps up your engery. That is the best part of the show and yet so many people miss it. Maybe they are rushing to late seating in the MDR. I think the grand finale of SNF is better than food.

Agree 100%!!! Best part was at the end when whole cast comes out and sings a medley of the SNF songs and the whole audience is up & clapping & dancing...don't miss any of these shows INCLUDING the ice-skating show in Studio B..we went last Nov for my b'day and it was a blast..I would recommend dinner in Chops or Portifinos for a special, romantic dinner...MUCH better than the MDR, and worth the extra $30 (Chops) or $20 ( Port)....just my HO....ENJOY, I'm jealous!!

How long have the shows been running? They sound great, but we don't sail on the Liberty till April. I'm hoping they haven't changed to a new entertainment line-up by then.

Thank you. One more thing to look forward to ... and tell the family about! This will be my first cruise with my 2 oldest kids and the grandkids.

We were on Liberty on 16th June. the shows were well worth seeing. We got there about 25 mins before the show started and got good seats, but it soon filled after that.

Do you happen to know if there is still a 6.00pm Ice show on the second night ie Villefranche on Liberty as we have reservations for that show in two weeks. However I was looking at the compassess for 9th June 2013 sailing and there is no mention of a show at that time. I have heard that shows have been cancelled from time to time. I do not want to miss this show as I have seen it many many rimes but it is the first time that my family has travelled with us and I would not want them to miss it. Thanks