28 day cruise

bandgbasset

Hello

We are sailing to Tahiti in April 2014 out of San Pedro. Do either the crown plaza or double tree hotels offer parking for 28 days?

Should we just park at the cruise terminal.

Thank you for your help.

Gerry

Parking at the pier is $12/day.

Might be cheaper to do two one way car rentals, IIRC there is a rental agency at the Crowne Plaza.

No idea if the hotels will provide free parking for 28 days. Might want to give them a call.

Thank you for your reply. I called a car rental agency, one way from reno is $305, including a $183.00 drop off charge, then to return it's $271.

My husband won't fly, so... We have to figure out how to get there. May just pay the $12 per day.

Thanks again.

Know anyone in the LA area who would let you leave their car with them, and then take a shuttle from/to their home and the port??

Another option would be to use long-term off-site airport parking at LAX, Long Beach or John Wayne (which you can get as low as $8/day) and then take a shuttle from the airport.

Thank you for your reply. I called a car rental agency, one way from reno is $305, including a $183.00 drop off charge, then to return it's $271.

My husband won't fly, so... We have to figure out how to get there. May just pay the $12 per day.

Thanks again.

Cheapest I found renting from $90 RNO-LAX then $80 LAX-RNO. Used site O....z.

You should call the Crown Plaza. We stayed there in April and have another reservation for October. I'm reading from my confirmation and it includes the room for one night, full breakfast buffet for two, welcome house drinks for two and valet parking up to 15 days, shuttle transportation to and from the cruise terminal. Extra parking is $10 per day. The price including tax is $218.43. Breakfast is not included for children.

It was very convenient. There are restaurants within walking distance. The shuttles worked out real good.

Part of the problem may be that it's WAY too early to get the best rental car rates for April, 2014. We always book a rental car about 4-6 weeks ahead of when we want it, then keep checking rates every couple of days. Almost always, the rates drop substantially up until about 7-10 days before the date. We've seen rates drop by well over 50%. We get our best prices booking through Costco, which also gives you the 2nd driver free, and allows as many cancel/rebooks as you want.

Lately I've been getting good rates through Costco and AAA. I'm not an AARP member but I hear they have good rates too. It's counter-intuitive but Avis and Hertz often have the best prices through the organizations I mentioned.

Archived