Alaska formal nights & lobster

lisiamc

I read Bruin Steve's excellent review of his southbound Alaska cruise on Summit last year. He mentions that Wednesday was lobster night and an informal dress night. (Saturday and Tuesday were the formal nights.)

Does anyone know if this is always the case on the southbound Summit cruises? I'm trying to figure out which night to go the Normandie, and it would help to know which night is lobster night, and which nights are the formal nights.

Many thanks

Lisa:)

Slomo,

Well, yes, but if some kind person helps me out beforehand, I can take advantage of one of the more useful perks of Captain's Club, and book before we sail.

Your dog avatar is really cute. Is that Sunny?

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa,

Lobster night SHOULD be the "second" formal night which will be the 6th night of our cruise, which will be Wednesday, July 13th, which just happens to be our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Every Celebrity cruise I've been on lobster night is the "second" to last night of the cruise. Actualy every cruise I've been on Lobster night is the second to last night of the cruise. It is also the baked alaska night. Of course never having been to Alaska I guess they could change it.

Anne Maria

We just got back on the Infinity (R/T) 10 days, which had 3 formal nights. Lobster & baked alaska was on the last formal night (the evening before the last sea day)

Hope this helps! (You'll love Alaska :) !!!)

Anne Maria, Linda and Jessica,

Thank you all for the input. Yeah, in my experience, lobster night is practically married to the last formal night, always held on the next to the last night of the cruise. So when I read that the two were separate on Bruin Steve's cruise, I thought I'd better check - they might do things differently for Alaska cruises.

And it's only three more days until we leave, so it makes me happy to talk about Alaska and our cruise!

Thanks!:)

Lisa

Lisa, I agree that with Steve's review I was also stunned that lobster night and the second formal night were different. I also don't like the fact that the second formal night and lobster night were on night 5 (ISP) as JessKess stated and not night 6. Seems funny to have the farewell dinner 3 days before you leave.

Anne Maria

Archived