Livorno port info please

porrah

This is not the first thread concerning transportation from the ship to the port gate, in this case at Livorno or from the hotel /airport to the port gate, in another case Galveston/Houston. It is my understanding that in both cases there is a fee charged by the port for a (perceived) service. In the later case the fee is passed on to the passenger by the cab driver, or parking lot company and there is no argument. In the former case, at Livorno, the port charges a fee again paid by the passenger since the port doesn't want people wandering the port. I guess the question is do you charge everyone, as in port fees, or just those that use the service, as in a bus fee.

As to the cost, they do not post the cost of the Regionale trains since there are no reservations or online advance purchase (no need).
They do not offer advance purchase weeks and months in advance, but it is possible for travel within the next week. So you can get an idea of the current prices by putting in a date in the next few days. At the moment the price they are showing for Livorno-Florence is 9.30 euros each way, as you said. And I no longer see any option for a day return for these cheap regional trains.

Ok. I'm convinced. A shared taxi from the port to the train station is the way to go. €20-25 shared 4 ways seems the best way to get the morning started. But it made me think- what about the cost of a taxi back to the ship? Should I plan on another €20-25 or is the price a little lower?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk