Uniworld Castles on the Rhine ?

amd1234

We recently returned from our first Uniworld River Cruise. The itinerary was Burgundy Provence just wonderful. It was beyond our expectations. The food, staff, ship, itinerary was all amazing. Next year we would love to take another cruise with Uniworld. We were interested in the Rhine Castle itinerary. Need some information from past cruisers on likes dislikes etc. love this forum. Thanks..

We cruised from Budapest to Amsterdam and loved it. I bought a book called "Castles Along the Rhine" which had pictures and history of most of the castles. It is available on Amazon.

The story and pictures are on our website. We are always happy to respond to any e-mails.

We did the Treasures of Prague, the Rhine and Main in 2011. I would expect the same level of service you had in France. The cruise itself was so enjoyable, I spent most of my time on the top deck, in a lounge chair enjoying the scenery. You almost get to the point where you want to say, look, there's another cute German village.... there's another vineyard ... there's another castle. I never wanted to go below because I didn't want to miss anything! You will love it! We purchased a map the ship had have available for sale of the Rhine, Main and Danube and plan to use it this fall on our Danube cruise.

We did the Treasures of Prague, the Rhine and Main in 2011. I would expect the same level of service you had in France. The cruise itself was so enjoyable, I spent most of my time on the top deck, in a lounge chair enjoying the scenery. You almost get to the point where you want to say, look, there's another cute German village.... there's another vineyard ... there's another castle. I never wanted to go below because I didn't want to miss anything! You will love it! We purchased a map the ship had have available for sale of the Rhine, Main and Danube and plan to use it this fall on our Danube cruise.

BeesKaate--Your post made me laugh out loud! We did the Uniworld Nuremberg to Paris trip May, 2012, and while cruising down the river listening to the CD point out castle, after castle, after castle--ditto quaint towns, steep vineyards and, oh look, it's ANOTHER high speed train whipping down the track........it was the most relaxing holiday time EVAH!!! The beer and sausages on the top deck were a nice touch, too!

Thanks for the replies .. Starting 2014 Uniworld will be all inclusive the gratuities and I assume excursions, alcohol all included. I think premium wine would be an exception. To achieve the best pricing for next June we will have to pay in full at time of booking. It's a good chunk of cash so we are giving this considerable thought. Being all inclusive brings up the price . It's higher than we paid for our cruise to France.

Archived