Departing from LA Harbor - hotel recommendations for night before cruise?

We stayed in San Pedro at the Holiday Inn last time we cruised from LA Harbor. We were not so pleased with the area or the service....but we really liked the "Park and Sail" package.

I'm looking for a different hotel for this cruise. Can you pass any recommendations my way? They need to have the park and sail package as we will be driving to LA from Sacramento.

Thanks for any help! :)

p.s. I just got off the phone with the Sheraton and they seem to have a good deal...but I've heard mixed reviews on them in here. Anyone stayed there recently?

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn and thought it was fine.We had the James suite and it was huge.We were 10 people traveling togehter from the east and west coast.So we just went to ports of call and ate in a Mexican restaurant.Would I wander around at night...No way.All 10 of us fit into our suite so we just started partying a little bit before we stated cruisinf!

We have booked the same hotel again for our 9/30 cruise for the reason you stated...the package is great deal.They do all the planning for you.We are planning on taking one of the hotels tours to Beverly Hills so by the time we finish with that we will all be ready for bed...won't have to worry about going out after dark

I,too,have been looking at hotels for our Vision cruise(may 06)..........checked out the Sheraton and found this............

"The Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel is leaving the Starwood system on June 30, 2005. Please contact the hotel directly for reservations after June 30, 2005."

So I am not really sure what hotel is taking over..........

I,too,have been looking at hotels for our Vision cruise(may 06)..........checked out the Sheraton and found this............

"The Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel is leaving the Starwood system on June 30, 2005. Please contact the hotel directly for reservations after June 30, 2005."

So I am not really sure what hotel is taking over..........

That is why we didn't book with them! We decided to stay at the Westin in Long Beach. I'll be able to give you our opinion on this hotel after August 5th if you are interested :D

###

The Coast Hotel in Long Beach offers a package deal for those sailing with Carnival (their terminal is very close to the hotel) which includes parking. They may let you book it but I doubt if they'll include transportation to San Pedro. But, parking your car for free for 7 days for the cost of a taxi ride may well be worth it.

It's a nice hotel with terrific views.

The Sheraton San Pedro was always a privately owned hotel. I stayed there in Dec and it was nice. They just completed a total rennovation of the hotel including replacing everything in all guest rooms. while staying there I met with the Sales Manager and saw a mock up of one of the newly refurbished rooms and it looked very nice. They also have a nice park and sail package.

Word of warning-- DO NOT book the Marina Hotel-- it's a dump!! If you use Priceline and request a 4-5 star hotel you will most likely get this dump. That's what happened to me and I wouldn't stay at hotel again if they paid me.

The Sheraton San Pedro was always a privately owned hotel. I stayed there in Dec and it was nice.

Perhaps, however they were under the "Starwood" name until recently. Many things can change when the "management" changes! Just my opinion :D

###

Ok,so if you had to choose..would you stay near the airport and go to the port area the next day or just head to San Pedro when you get off your flight the day before the cruise????????

Last time,we cruised outta there,we had the luxury of a few days earlier and stayed right in Hollywood and that was very nice...................this time,we are just coming in the day before so not sure it would be worth it.................

Ok,so if you had to choose..would you stay near the airport and go to the port area the next day or just head to San Pedro when you get off your flight the day before the cruise????????

Last time,we cruised outta there,we had the luxury of a few days earlier and stayed right in Hollywood and that was very nice...................this time,we are just coming in the day before so not sure it would be worth it.................

Well, since we're driving and need the park and sail package, we would have to stay somewhere near the port that offers it. I think we may get there a day early though so we can go to Los Angeles and see some of the sights....(I've been there many times, but never done anything touristy.)

I'm going to call the Sheraton this week and see if they are going to offer their package in October, even when they are under new ownership.

Best Western has a park and sail for 139...but I heard there really isn't much parking. We encountered that with the Holiday Inn too. We barely got a spot for the week.

We'll see! :)

Archived