4 girls on a girls trip, what to do?

AandBmom

We're 4 women in our late 30's on a girls trip without children. We'll be in Key West for a morning in October. We're looking for something interesting to do. We like having drinks, socializing with people, learning a little bit about history, touring around, etc. Are there some interesting things to see as adults. Last time there I had my kiddies with me and did the aquarium and other kid friendly stuff.

We're 4 women in our late 30's on a girls trip without children. We'll be in Key West for a morning in October. We're looking for something interesting to do. We like having drinks, socializing with people, learning a little bit about history, touring around, etc. Are there some interesting things to see as adults. Last time there I had my kiddies with me and did the aquarium and other kid friendly stuff.

Just off the docks is the Customs House which has a few exhibits which you might enjoy ---> http://www.kwahs.org/

There is the Pelican Path walking tour of historic sights ---> http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

There is the Audubon House and gallery ---> http://www.audubonhouse.com/ which has the benefit of being just around the corner from Kelly's ---> http://www.kellyskeywest.com/ and Gruntsat 409 Caroline Street.

Pjk

I like the Conch Train as a first thing to do because it gives you an overall look at Key West with some history and local color thrown in.

You ladies might like to hit the Coach factory outlet store on Duval. Also a lot of people seem to like Kino's sandals at 107 Fitzpatrick St., handmade right in front of you and really cheap. I can't wear them because they have virtually no support, but lots of folks swear by them and buy several pairs. Back on Duval you might enjoy Key West Aloe that has numerous aloe products, creams, lotions, soaps, what not. I love their products. They are so soothing to the skin.

You can walk up and down Duval or walk on the Schooner Wharf historic area docks and see the schooners docked there and see several places along the docks to eat or quench your thrist.

If you are into history, there are the Hemmingway House, the Truman Winter White House and the Audubon House, even the Key West Lighthouse--a fun climb.

I hope you all enjoy Key West as much as Hubby and I do.

Edited by Gangway Style

walk on the historic area docks and see the schooners docked there and see several places along the docks to eat or quench your thrist.

If you are into history, there are the Hemmingway House, the Truman Winter White House, the Key West Lighthouse--a fun climb.

I second these recommendations. In addition to, of course, some bars on Duval Street:D

Scavenger hunt assignment - find the Chart Room Bar:) Assignment #2 - find Jimmy Buffets recording studio:)

Maybe the OP is on the same shop we're on; I notice she also posted on the Cozumel board. There's a wonderful restaurant called Latitudes on Sunset Key, 10 minutes by boat off the Key West shore. It's a Westin resort, and once you make a reservation for a meal they tell you where to catch the free boat to the island. I've been there both for breakfast and for lunch. The food is great (you can look at menus online) and the atmosphere is like paradise -- all sea and sand and palm trees and ceiling fans giving you a little breeze. It's really worth the trip -- and it's probably the quietest, most elegant place in a fairly noisy tourist town.

Maybe the OP is on the same shop we're on; I notice she also posted on the Cozumel board. There's a wonderful restaurant called Latitudes on Sunset Key, 10 minutes by boat off the Key West shore. It's a Westin resort, and once you make a reservation for a meal they tell you where to catch the free boat to the island. I've been there both for breakfast and for lunch. The food is great (you can look at menus online) and the atmosphere is like paradise -- all sea and sand and palm trees and ceiling fans giving you a little breeze. It's really worth the trip -- and it's probably the quietest, most elegant place in a fairly noisy tourist town.[/quote

I absolutely agree with this idea. We never fail to eat at Latitudes on Sunset Key when we are in town. It is my dream place where I would love to live (if I win the Lotto.) We always try to stretch out the meal as long as possible to prolong the pleasure of sunset Key.

• 3 weeks later...

if you are just going to be in KW for one morning I would not go to Lattitudes because you will miss seeing the charm of the Conch Republic. You're on a ship, you can have a meal on the water any day.

Take a walk through the city...take the conch train tour....have lunch at Blue Heaven, Margaritaville, or at the harbor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We enjoyed dinner at Latitudes last night and I must say is was beautiful and the food is amazing! I would say that was the best restaurant I have been to and the entire experience was something out of a dream! I would highly recommend adding this to your plans while in Key West.

Note: the boat that takes you to Sunset Keys and the restaurant leaves every 30 min at 15 after and 45 after every hour.