Just want to see Brimstone

Does anyone know how we can just go to Brimstone Fortress? We love museums and such, and don't want to go as part of a tour, since many have commented that they didn't have long enough there, and we don't care about the gardens or beach this time. Should we take a taxi, and if so, how much can we plan to spend? Should we ask the taxi driver to come back for us and negotiate that into the price, or will we be able to get another taxi when we're ready to return to the ship? Thanks for any advice you can give!

I had the same question. I am a history fan and 45 minutes was never going to be enough for me at the fort.

I had two cab companies quote between $60-68pp for private taxi to the fort, 2 hours wait time and return to cruise dock. I think the $68 one included the fort admission.

The names of the companies were Rose and Jim's Taxi and other was welcome tours.

• 1 month later...

We've got the same game plan as you (just the fort, and a beach). Last time in St. Kitts we toured with Thenford Grey. I asked him if he could drop us off at the Fortress for a couple hour and then take us to a beach. No problem. He'll leave us at the fort, finish the regular tour with his other passengers, then pick us up on the way back (about noon) and take us to a beach. $48 including admission fee.

• 1 month later...
We've got the same game plan as you (just the fort, and a beach). Last time in St. Kitts we toured with Thenford Grey. I asked him if he could drop us off at the Fortress for a couple hour and then take us to a beach. No problem. He'll leave us at the fort, finish the regular tour with his other passengers, then pick us up on the way back (about noon) and take us to a beach. $48 including admission fee.

What beach does he take you to? Was it a black sand beach?

Archived