Insignia cabin questions

PurpleCow

(Category B2-Stateroom with Veranda)

Is there an electrical outlet in the head that will accomodate a night light/room deodorizer?

If I hang an over the door shoebag on the door to the head, will the door close?

When the bed is made up as two singles, are they just made up separately or do they actually slide them apart, taking up valuable floor space?

Any items I should pack to make life aboard ship more comfortable?

Thanks!

We were in a category B on the Regatta in April last year. In the washing closet (not "bathroom"), there was one 110 volt and one 240 volt outlets, but unfortunately, somehow American plugs couldn't be used. Instead, there were two 110 volt and two 240 volt outlets above the desk in the sitting area. That was where we could charge our batteries with American chargers, etc.

Since we are one couple of male/female cats, we had one bed (made up of two singles pushed together). If you and your aunt want separate beds, my guess is they will pull the two single beds apart, and put the two night-tables (which normally will be on each side of a double bed) in between the two single beds. So, instead of each of you getting up at one side of a double bed, you will both get up towards the centre, the space in-between the two single beds.

The clearance under the beds is 10 inches, so make sure your luggage can fit under the beds, because closet space is "at a premium". As there are no formal nights, travel light, it is usually easier that way. Hope this helps.

Are the electrical outlets three-pin or two-pin and do they accept square pin or round pin plugs? My chargers, haridryer, etc. all have UK spec. three pin (square) plugs on them and I'm wondering if they can be used directly or will I need to bring along an adaptor?

I don't remember the exact configurations. To be on the safe side, I would advise you to bring along suitable adaptors (though not transformers, because they do provide 110 and 240 volt outlets as mentioned above). Many travel supply stores sell a whole set of several adaptors, which can be useful on any international trip, be it on a ship or on land!

We have our bed reconfigured to twins. The two beds are then next to each other (no space in between). I believe the bed tables are affixed to the wall.

We had no trouble using US plugs in the bathroom.

I don't believe you would be able to hand a shoe bag over the door and close it. We leave the bathroom door ajar at night and the bathroom light as a night light. Not a bad idea to bring one though.

Beatrice

... I believe the bed tables are affixed to the wall.

We had no trouble using US plugs in the bathroom...

... and the bathroom light as a night light. Not a bad idea ...

So the bed tables are fixed to the wall ... usually, when the night tables are movable, they will move them to the centre. If two single beds are side by side, it won't be that different from one double bed!

As for the bathroom electric sockets, I can't remember now after more than a year, but I suspect that some U.S. plugs have one wider and one less wide pins (grounded type) while others have both pins the same (ungrounded type). That might be a reason why our charger couldn't fit into the bathroom socket but it could above the sitting area table. That is only a guess!

As for leaving the washing closet door a little ajar for night light, that was what we did as well.

So the bed tables are fixed to the wall ... usually, when the night tables are movable, they will move them to the centre. If two single beds are side by side, it won't be that different from one double bed!
Well, except for not sharing sheets and blankets . . . I dearly love my auntie, but I don't want to be spooning with her while we sleep!

As for leaving the washing closet door a little ajar for night light, that was what we did as well.
I shared a hotel room with a collegue on my most recent business trip, and she left the light on in the bathroom with the door cracked open a bit for a night light. The problem with that was that if I did get up to visit the bathroom, I then couldn't see when I got back into the room. I thought a night light would solve that problem.

Hi,

We travel with a small flashlight on all our travels. If you leave the door open to the bathroom, it will keep bagging if there is any turbulence and you won't get any sleep.

Sheila

We usually turned the TV to the bridgecam and turned the sound off. It provides a just enough light at night, and gradually brightens the room as the morning dawns.

Archived