Rental car drop off/pick up?

moesyk4

We are sailing in January on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale b/c we fly with Southwest for the rewards and so our plan was to rent a car, drive to Miami, stay overnight, then get on the ship. After we disembark, we would get another rental drive to Orlando, and do Disney for a few days. We did something similar while sailing out of Pt. Canaveral last year and it was lovely, we enjoyed having our own vehicle and while it was a wait for the shuttle, they had a nice system set up to get you to and from the ship.

Does the Miami port have something similar where you can drop the rental car off and have them shuttle you to the port? If so, is it just certain rental car places and if so which ones? Or do you have to drop off at the airport and then shuttle, which would be pricey for us!

National, Alamo and Thrifty offer free shuttles between POM and their MIA airport office. Hertz offers free shuttles between POM and their downtown Miami office. Good luck! :)

Thanks for this info. I was planning on taking a taxi from the port to the airport to pick ups rental post cruise. Do you have to call them once you are outside the port or do they have a certain pick up spot?

Thanks for this info. I was planning on taking a taxi from the port to the airport to pick ups rental post cruise. Do you have to call them once you are outside the port or do they have a certain pick up spot?

They have shuttles that go from their rental office to the Port. Once you exit the Port, there is an area for the shuttles where you would wait for the next shuttle to arrive.

When I used Alamo back in October 2011, I waited about 2 minutes before their shuttle arrived.

They have shuttles that go from their rental office to the Port. Once you exit the Port, there is an area for the shuttles where you would wait for the next shuttle to arrive.

When I used Alamo back in October 2011, I waited about 2 minutes before their shuttle arrived.

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how often the shuttles run between the airport and the POM? We plan to drop off our rental at the airport and would like to know what the wait time is so we can plan our arrival time at the POM. Do you need to schedule a run with the shuttle or are they on a constant run back and forth. Thanks in advance.

Archived