Gym on carnival breeze

They have all the standard stuff...plenty of ellipticals and treadmills. I don't know the info on the track. It is perfectly adequate. There are free weights, machines...

Edited by LisaH

We are heading on the Breeze in October and usually hit the gym at home at least 4 times a week, wondering if we will do so on the cruise, we have plans to but something about cruising makes it tough, usually get there once, twice at most. I did read somewhere on here that the ceilings are so low over the treadmills that you can't raise the incline very high, wondering if that is true?

7 laps to a mile on the jogging track. You can also go around the entire ship on the Lanai deck, closer to a mile, IIRC. And yes if you are tall you can't raise the treadmill inclines all that much. They did offer TRX classes (too late in the morning for me, LOL). Gym is suppose to open at 6M but I always found it open earlier and people already working out. Small free weights area. Couple of good Model E C2 rowing machines in front of the treads, little used except by either the serious rowers/ergers (like me). Have your trainer set up a schedule that focuses on combo treads and track/deck or alternatively elipticals for cardio and dumbbells for weight workouts.

I'm glad for you that you intend on keeping up with your training! I remember my trainer asking me after I returned from a cruise if I checked out the gym like I said I would. I said yep, walked in and said "yeah its a gym" and walked out. Had to work extra hard when I got home to get rid of the 7 lbs I gained!!!! I should have at least walked the track!

Can anyone tell me what kind if stuff they have

My trainer is giving me workouts to do.

Also how many laps does a mile take on the track

Thanks in advance

Its pretty small compared to other ships IMHO. They have the basic resistance machines and some dumbbells.

I dont know about the track though, sorry.

I do crossfit so was wondering if I should bring my jump rope looks like I should

we've forgotten to mention the outdoor sports deck with the machines. Not sure how these have weathered but they were okay the one time I ran a single set circuit through them. Plenty of room out there to jump rope and do burpees :D

• 5 months later...
We are heading on the Breeze in October and usually hit the gym at home at least 4 times a week, wondering if we will do so on the cruise, we have plans to but something about cruising makes it tough, usually get there once, twice at most. I did read somewhere on here that the ceilings are so low over the treadmills that you can't raise the incline very high, wondering if that is true?

We r headed on this ship in a few days. How was the gym? My son has to have a barbell with plates and a bench. WhT did you find there. Sounds like he will die if he doesn't have proper gym equip. Could u please give Me a rundown??. Thanks so much!!,

We were on the Conquest the week of Thanksgiving. Gym never opened before 6 am. We waited outside the door every morning. It was never later than 6:05, just not opened early as someone else experienced. There was never a wait for a treadmill, and only once did someone have to wait for a stationary bike (they had 6).

Since another poster owned up, I will too. On the 7 day cruise I only skipped the gym one day. I swam in the pool every day. I walked at least 5 miles on every island. We snorkeled on 2. After all that, I still gained 6 pounds. %#%}^ Guys burgers!