More F2F questions...

moesyk4

I tried to do a search but couldn't find these answers. I just booked it and now I have to convince DH it's worth it :)

1) For boarding, do you bypass all of the "regular" lines, for security and check in and everything? What do you do when you get there, just let them know you are F2F and they send you to the VIP area?

2) It mentions priority dining reservations, but what all does that entail? Do you have to reserve by a certain time or is at any point in the cruise? For the main dining room, what does this include? (time, table size, location in the dining room, etc.)

3) I noticed that it said you can choose early or late debarkation and I've read several reviews where people have chosen early, but none where people have chosen late. Has anyone done late, what does that mean? Are you the last off the ship? If you do early, is it "actual" early debarkation or is it the self one where you have to carry all your luggage?

Anything else that would be a perk I can let him know about? He doesn't care about the VIP guest service as I usually handle that, but I'm really excited!

It's FTTF not F2F:

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Also anyone can be the last off the boat so that isn't really a perk IMO. If you have a tender port or are arriving early than I believe it's worth it. Being able to drop your bags off right when you board is nice not having to lug them around. Your boarding pass and luggage tags will show you're FTTF. And yes you bypass all those standing in line that are not Platinum/Diamond.

Haven't used it yet but we will this October. Here is what I've heard:

You get to bypass the regular boarding line. You will go through the line marked Platinum/Diamond/FTTF.

Priority dining means that if you get wait listed for your requested dining time, you will be one of the first (along with Platinum and Diamond) to get your choice when it becomes available for wait listers.

We plan to do late debarkation as well. Just stop at Guest Services and request the last debarkation number.

I tried to do a search but couldn't find these answers. I just booked it and now I have to convince DH it's worth it :)

1) For boarding, do you bypass all of the "regular" lines, for security and check in and everything? What do you do when you get there, just let them know you are F2F and they send you to the VIP area?

2) It mentions priority dining reservations, but what all does that entail? Do you have to reserve by a certain time or is at any point in the cruise? For the main dining room, what does this include? (time, table size, location in the dining room, etc.)

3) I noticed that it said you can choose early or late debarkation and I've read several reviews where people have chosen early, but none where people have chosen late. Has anyone done late, what does that mean? Are you the last off the ship? If you do early, is it "actual" early debarkation or is it the self one where you have to carry all your luggage?

Anything else that would be a perk I can let him know about? He doesn't care about the VIP guest service as I usually handle that, but I'm really excited!

If you arrive early to the pier (before 11am) then FTTF is really not needed. Going later in the day, yes you do not go to direct check in but a seperate area. Only 30 cabins for each sailing get this perk. BUT with FTTF you get to go to your cabin and drop off your stuff. No more carrying it around with you until 1:30.

Priorty dining-- you get your choice of when you want to dine. Do not think that if you booked anytime you get to by pass the line. It does not work that way. It means you get your choice be it Early, late or anytime

IMO, the main advantage is being able to go to your cabin as soon as you board and your luggage being delivered early. On our cruise in May, my Mom and I had a suite which would have given us priority boarding but would not allow us to go to our cabin early nor early delivery of luggage. To me it was well worth $50 to get to the cabin and drop everything off before going to the Lido for lunch. Bags were there by time we got back from lunch so able to unpack and Mom could rest.

Everyone is different -- to me this was well worth the money spent. To others it's a waste of money. (Just like some people think a balcony cabin is a waste of money and others won't cruise without it.)

IMO, the main advantage is being able to go to your cabin as soon as you board and your luggage being delivered early. On our cruise in May, my Mom and I had a suite which would have given us priority boarding but would not allow us to go to our cabin early nor early delivery of luggage. To me it was well worth $50 to get to the cabin and drop everything off before going to the Lido for lunch. Bags were there by time we got back from lunch so able to unpack and Mom could rest.

Everyone is different -- to me this was well worth the money spent. To others it's a waste of money. (Just like some people think a balcony cabin is a waste of money and others won't cruise without it.)

I completely agree with SATXLady (everyone is different) The only reason I get it is for debarkation. I like to get off the ship early and I don't want to haul off my own luggage. I also don't get a balcony. We get an inside cabin on the lower decks. We are never in our room only to shower. Late to bed and early to rise. So it really comes down to your personal likes.

Okay, hate to be a geeky nerd about this, but Carnival does use the term F2F, and it appears on your luggage tag when you have "Faster to the Fun."

fttf-lugage-tag.jpg

You dropped the other "t" in the word The

I I like to get off the ship early and I don't want to haul off my own luggage. .

You dont have to pay for that-- go to guest services and ask for early off tags.

I have always done that and either got zone 1 or 2

Okay, hate to be a geeky nerd about this, but Carnival does use the term F2F, and it appears on your luggage tag when you have "Faster to the Fun."

fttf-lugage-tag.jpg

Yeah, I saw my luggage tags had it after I posted. Just couldn't understand how they said they searched and couldn't find it when at every moment there is always a FTTF thread going on the front page of the Carnival forum. Plus if you search for either there are tons of threads.

Now on the carnival site F2F doesn't bring back an explicit thread (you have to click and scroll), however if you search for FTTF you get Faster to the Fun. Main carnival site not the forum.

I will have it for the first time on the Victory in 29 days. I plan to arrive early, grab a plate on the lido deck, head to my cabin (aft wrap YaY!), eat, unpack and nap. All before sailaway!!!! So worth it for me!:)

You dont have to pay for that-- go to guest services and ask for early off tags.

I have always done that and either got zone 1 or 2

Yeah but the other perks are pretty cool too. Especially on a tender heavy cruise

Yeah, I saw my luggage tags had it after I posted. Just couldn't understand how they said they searched and couldn't find it when at every moment there is always a FTTF thread going on the front page of the Carnival forum. Plus if you search for either there are tons of threads.

Now on the carnival site F2F doesn't bring back an explicit thread (you have to click and scroll), however if you search for FTTF you get Faster to the Fun. Main carnival site not the forum.

I use FTTF as well. Just being a nerd. Luckily, this isn't a Star Trek forum, where I could argue about how many red shirts died in episode 47...

It's FTTF not F2F:

Cruise Critic members call it FTTF. Carnival abbreviates it F2F on the luggage tags, etc. (Been there, done that, got the luggage tags. ;) ) I see somone else already posted one...

FTTF's go aboard AFTER Platinum/Diamond guests and those that have booked suites, but before the regular guests.

Heh...you can always choose late debarkation, just don't leave the ship until the CD starts sounding irritated, or until they call you by name! :D (Been there, done that too! Got the dirty looks. :eek: )

In Miami we were walked to the front of the security line. In Tampa we did not get any extra benefits until after going through security, I think it depends upon the port.

At Jacksonville, they have separate entrances for Priority Guests and FTTF. After you go thru the security checkpoint, FTTF's are sent to a different area than Platinum/Diamond and Suite guests.

Archived