Cabin advice: Cribs versus bunk/pull out bed on Disney

GDR1109

My husband and I are thinking of taking our first-ever Disney cruise next year with our two little ones. The oldest will be four, our youngest just under two.

I know our four-year-old can sleep on the fold-out couch bed in the cabin, but I am not sure about our little one. I hear there's a fold-down bunk? Does it have some sort of railing to prevent falls? If it does, we could potentially put our son in that, and place our daughter in the couch bed.

I am guessing that by next fall she will be getting too big for a pak-n-play size crib. Any advice on what category cabins to book on Disney or bed configuration for tiny tots?

Here is a picture of the sofa bed made up. A little one could get out of it. My two year old grandson slept in a pack n play and my granddaughter (7) slept in the sofa bed.

9304336034_465b267f14_z.jpg

We had two family oceanview cabins for the 5 of us (3 adults, 2 children). They were a great size.

Here is a picture of the other room with the pack n play. As you can see there is still a lot of space in the room.

9304393612_64ed605344_z.jpg

If within your budget I would look at the Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah.

It gives you the opportunity for two non pack and play beds which are floor level - one being the fold down sofa and one being the pull down murphy bed from the wall. Then you don't have to worry about the pull down bunk from the ceiling.

At two I can't imagine the pack and play is going to work great and I would not have felt comfortable with my 4 yr old on the top bunk. Because even with the safety rail, that is what it is - the top bunk of a bunk bed.

Agreed, try to request a room that sleeps 5! Then you have the sofa and murphy beds. I would not personally put my four year old on the upper berth to sleep. It just has the normal bunk bed type rail.

Another option depending on the size, is that they can share the sofa bed.

Archived