When to purchase 3rd party insurance, no preexisting conditions

Any advice on when to purchase insurance for my family of 4, March 1014 Mediterranean cruise?

We do not have any pre-existing conditions. I have paid $1,600 for the airfare and final payment is not due until January 6th, 2014.

I think I will choose Travelsafe Classic. Based on comparisons on insure my trip.com, this seems to have the highest limits for the price $208.00 for all four of us)

Thank You

Any advice on when to purchase insurance for my family of 4, March 1014 Mediterranean cruise?

We do not have any pre-existing conditions. I have paid $1,600 for the airfare and final payment is not due until January 6th, 2014.

I think I will choose Travelsafe Classic. Based on comparisons on insure my trip.com, this seems to have the highest limits for the price $208.00 for all four of us)

Thank You

Is the airfare non-refundable? Do you eventually want to insure the airfare along with the cruise?

If so, why not insure the air tickets now (when you have money at risk) and then increase the total amount insured at the final payment date?

Interesting idea, I didn't know that was an option.

The airfare is not refundable. The $208 quote was for all nonrefundable expenses including airfare, so I was thinking of buying the policy after final payment.

If I go back and just put in the price of airfare, which rounds itself up to $2000 anyway, the price only goes down about $80.

Archived