West coast

amberdawn85

There are limited cruises probably because there are limited ports within a reasonable time-frame away and many people are afraid of Mexico (obviously we're not) so they 'claim' they can't fill the ships (I've never been on one that wasn't full) and the water isn't as nice compared to the caribbean. The prices are higher because there is still a market here so what is available costs more because there are fewer ships. Also, CA is much more strict on the kinds of fuels the ships can use, which cost more $$. It's just something you get used to if you don't want to fly to Florida.

many lines have pulled out with the Mexico mess, but even so the Caribbean is so much nicer.

Matter of opinion, I'll take the Mexican people over the Caribbean people anytime and they captured the leader of the Zetas cartel, so maybe things will improve. The real messes are near the border towns, not where the cruise lines go.

Carnival is working with the Mexican government to develop two new ports, it would probably be like a Costa Maya situation, basically a dock with a beach nearby and various activities. What would really be nice is if they changed up the Miracle's itinerary now and then to include longer/different stops which could put Manzanillo and Zihua back on the docket.

It is very unfortunate for both cruisers and Mexican locals that the cruise ships are pulling ships off that itinerary. I'm looking forward to the pendulum swinging back sometime soon so we can grab some "cruise where you live" specials instead of adding cross-country flights to our vacation budget.

Matter of opinion, I'll take the Mexican people over the Caribbean people anytime and they captured the leader of the Zetas cartel, so maybe things will improve. The real messes are near the border towns, not where the cruise lines go.

Carnival is working with the Mexican government to develop two new ports, it would probably be like a Costa Maya situation, basically a dock with a beach nearby and various activities. What would really be nice is if they changed up the Miracle's itinerary now and then to include longer/different stops which could put Manzanillo and Zihua back on the docket.

I too happen to feel that folks from Mexico seem to be some of the kindest people I have met. Warm and welcoming. Sure there will he crime butnthat is also the case in every larger city in the US. You just have to be smart. 15 miles from Beverly Hills has some of the highest crime in the west coast. I live in a city with some of the lowest crime levels in the country...and a couple weeks ago there was a drive by shooting a few miles from my house. I am not moving as a result.

Pricing in the west is pretty high...3 day cruise can cost more than 7 day Miami cruise...and spending on board is huge. Every sailing ive been on has been sold out.

Didn't know about the special fuel needed...but in California am hardly surprised. Everything here seems regulated...was in a bathroom the other day and had a California regulatory sign saying the hand soap may contain ingredients that could cause cancer....really? Surprised there aren't billboards at the beach saying "Getting out of your car without sunscreen may cause cancer. The ingredients in your sunscreen may cause cancer. Exhaust from staying in your car may cause cancer. Stay home." Anyway...

Wish they had more coastal cruises also...there are a few, but feel that Carnival would do well with cruises that went to Ensenada, San Francisco, Santa Barbara...maybe even a Seattle/Vancouver add on. For variety sake. It is cumbersome to fly 2,000 miles for a change of pace...the 15 day Hawaii cruises are tempting, but that's a chunk of time off.

Minimally wish that a larger ship would do the 3-4 day cruises so you could have more balcony options. As long as it isn't Splendor...what a distasteful ship.

I wasn't aware of the extra fuel cost. I personally love Mexico, we drive to Puerto Pensaco quite often and always feel safe. We ended up booking a cruise on Victory with a balcony including flights for about the same price as a 5 day would have cost from the west coast. I think I would cruise a ton if I had more options I didn't have to fly to the port.

I wish they would expand the variety of sailings. I don't understand the safety issue, I thought Belize was much worse than anywhere in Mexico. I was disappointed to hear that the Imagination would be doing the exact same itineraries as Inspiration. They should really get rid of the overlap, and have one of them doing US Pacific coastals in the summer (Ensenada, Catalina, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Astoria, Seattle, etc) or 5 day trips to Cabo like the Spirit used to do. Another thing that would be interesting to see is if Carnival will position a ship in Rocky Point, since they are working on building a cruise terminal... Also, I wonder if the Legend will make appearances here part of the year in between its Australia seasons.

Wish they had more coastal cruises also...there are a few, but feel that Carnival would do well with cruises that went to Ensenada, San Francisco, Santa Barbara...

Princess does this route. All start in LA & go to Ensenada. The 4 day cruises add either Catalina, Santa Barbara or San Diego.

Archived