Ft. Lauderdale

MaryPoppinz

Any comments on whether you'd choose the Renaissance Hotel or the Sheraton Yankee Trader for a one-night pre-cruise stay? Our first choice was the Marriott Harbor Beach, but we're not arriving until after 4 p.m. and I don't think we'll really get much use out of the hotel's services or the beach for the price ($269.)

Renaissance is a deluxe room with 2 water taxi tickets (which I can't see us using; we've done it before) and two full breakfasts for $149. Yankee Trader is an ocean view for $129. I'm leaning toward the Renaissance because it's so convenient......but I'm open to other suggestions, as well.

Anyone?

Any comments on whether you'd choose the Renaissance Hotel or the Sheraton Yankee Trader for a one-night pre-cruise stay?

Renaissance Hotel, hands down. The Sheraton is a little past its prime.....;)

Hi Cruiselili, thanks so much. I need hotel rooms for Feb. '06, just trying to see what people are getting for hotels and what their bids were accepted at for the winter 2006. I have been looking at biddingfortravel, but there isn't anyone yet for 2006 having their bids accepted. I know its a bit early, but I get anxious, I love priceline. Thanks again, enjoy your cruise.

Having heard great things about the Marriott Marina and the Renaissance, I decided to call the Marriott Marina directly and will be paying $139. which includes breakfast for two. Not a bad deal. I was leary about using Priceline so it is worth a few extra bucks to get what you want.

I decided to call the Marriott Marina directly and will be paying $139. which includes breakfast for two.

Dear Ado,

Would you please share how you got this rate?!

Which phone number did you call?

When is your trip?

I am looking for a room in Jan. 2006, and the website list rooms at $300. I won't pay that much, but would consider $140.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me to find a good rate.

Thanks! ~ Splish

Dear Ado,

Would you please share how you got this rate?!

Which phone number did you call?

When is your trip?

I am looking for a room in Jan. 2006, and the website list rooms at $300. I won't pay that much, but would consider $140.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me to find a good rate.

Thanks! ~ Splish

HI Splish:

I called the Marriott Marina in Ft Lauderdale directly (not an 800#) and asked for one night on July 29th (a month away!). They mentioned $129. without breakfast and $139. with. Also, I am not a special member of any hotel rewards program. I have a confirmation number and I can cancel the reservation 72 hours prior. Marriott Marina does not have transfer from the airport, but does have a shuttle to the port. I have read on the threads that the shuttle may cost $2.00 pp. So, if you can obtain a room at the Marriott or the Renaissance you will enjoy! Lots of good posts on these hotels and they are very close to the port, shopping, water taxi and good restaurants.

The higher rates you receive could be the time of year. Jan and Feb are popular months or they may have a convention going on where the rooms are in demand.

If you wanted to take the chance on priceline, bid in for 3* downtown. Most people who have done this have gotten decent Hotels. Read up on the bidding for travel website and others before you do it as they provide great info on what you may possibly end up with.

Good luck and happy cruising!!

Hi Cruiselili, thanks so much. I need hotel rooms for Feb. '06, just trying to see what people are getting for hotels and what their bids were accepted at for the winter 2006. I have been looking at biddingfortravel, but there isn't anyone yet for 2006 having their bids accepted. I know its a bit early, but I get anxious, I love priceline. Thanks again, enjoy your cruise.

Priceline releases rooms for bid at 330 days. In the past, I have recieved Hiltons, Hyatt's, Wyndham etc bidding 3 or 4 stars. Excellents deals out there if you do you homework first.

i just called the (954) 463-4000 phone number and they transferred me to Marriott reservations. the best rate they offered for Marriott Marina on 1/15/06 was $299.

last year i was able to getMarriott Marina on 1/29/05 for $76 ($92 w/fees, etc) thru priceline. so far i've bid up to $95 on a DT 3* for 1/15/06 with no luck.

i will keep trying, but at that rate i will fly in and out of FLL w/o staying overnight.

thank you for sharing the info! ~ Splish

i just called the (954) 463-4000 phone number and they transferred me to Marriott reservations. the best rate they offered for Marriott Marina on 1/15/06 was $299.

last year i was able to getMarriott Marina on 1/29/05 for $76 ($92 w/fees, etc) thru priceline. so far i've bid up to $95 on a DT 3* for 1/15/06 with no luck.

i will keep trying, but at that rate i will fly in and out of FLL w/o staying overnight.

thank you for sharing the info! ~ Splish

Yes, that is the same number I used. I made the reservation about 6 weeks out and told them I will be cruising. I can't believe the difference in price! Hopefully, you can get a better deal closer to your cruise date. We stayed at the Embassy Suites twice pre-cruise for one night and paid $205 plus tax.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!!

I would like to book the Renaissance through Priceline, but I have never used the service before. Can anyone direct me to the appropriate selections in the priceline search to ensure that I get the right hotel? For example, do I want FLL airport? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks! Maria

The area for the Renaissance is Fort Lauderdale "Downtown"; It is a 4* on priceline; I bid for a 3* downtown which should of been the Marriott Marina or the Embassy Suites; I was upgraded to the Renaissance; Bid on the 3*; Any of these hotels will be fine; I checked them all out while there 2 weeks ago and you would not be disappointed with any of them; We stayed 4 nights at the Renaissance for $51 per night, which was a GREAT price.

Maria, Not sure if you've read up on biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com but these sites are a MUST to learn the ropes. As for your free zones....if you want the Renaissance (4 star downtown) you can start low and add Ft. Lauderdale airport, Pompono Beach and Coral Springs with each price increase as there are no 4 star hotels in those 3 areas (at least none have ever been reported!).

Thank you! I have been going through all of the information at the websites you mentioned regarding online bidding and it's been very helpful. What I did find was that I can get a corporate rate directly through Renaissance FLL for $86. Should I take this rather than bidding? I think the few extra dollars spent NOT using priceline might be worth it in case of cancellation.

Also, does the Renaissance provide transportation to the port or is it within walking distance? I'm not familiar with Ft. Lauderdale at all, as I've only been to the airport! :)

Maria

All of this is good information. I'm crusing Feb 13th on Enchantment and have been looking at hotels. I think the renaissance or the embassy will be my choice. I have heard they are clean and close and offer service to the port and will pick you up at the airport.I hope this is good information I have recieved?

The Renaissance does not have service to/from airport; Taxi is $9-10 plus tip. Which with today's gasoline prices isn't bad at all. They do have a shuttle service to the port (it is not close enough to walk), I think it was $4 pp; The Renaissance is a nice hotel. As is the Embassy Suites and the Marriott Marina. Any of these would be a good choice.

Archived