Swim with the Dolphins

weltek

If we all did what someone somewhere has written a reason not to do something for, for whatever reason, we all would never step out the front door.

I'm a believer in making educated choices. The point was to educate anyone who hadn't given thought to this issue and let him/her make the choice.

we swum with the dolphins in mexico, and it was AMAZING..it was not all about tricks, flips and whistle commands... you could tell that there was a mutual respect between dolphin and trainer..

they took the time to tell you about the beautiful creatures.., their bodies, their size, mating habits, and what is being done to protect them in the wild..

If you think that you wouldn't get the chance to do it at home.. do it while you can.. you will leave with a new appreciation for them yourself..

• 3 weeks later...

In Curacao, dolphins are given the choice to swim in the open ocean. You may select the option to go out on a boat, the dolphins follow the boat, swim with the customers and follow the boat back to the complex. They say, some choose not to exit the perimeter when given the chance. Curacao is and island very near Aruba. Check it out.

Im not even interested to read the link...all I know is that I want to swim with dolphins in the next cruise.

Then DO IT!! You can't please others. Please yourself. I did it and I am glad I did even tho I had lots of criticism afterwards.

we swum with the dolphins in mexico, and it was AMAZING..it was not all about tricks, flips and whistle commands... you could tell that there was a mutual respect between dolphin and trainer.. ..

How can you tell? Did the dolphins tell you much much they respected the trainers or did the trainers tell you how much the dolphins respected them? Did you ask the trainers how they knew that they were respected by the dolphins?

DON

I think it's important to educate yourself on this, especially if you consider yourself a dolphin lover. I love the idea of the Curaçao excursion, swimming with free dolphins. After watching The Cove, I couldn't bear to support the capture and confinement of dolphins for my one-time enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
How can you tell? Did the dolphins tell you much much they respected the trainers or did the trainers tell you how much the dolphins respected them? Did you ask the trainers how they knew that they were respected by the dolphins?

DON

Don, the fact that the trainers took the time to educate us, and how they handled the dolfins just oozed respect .. from what we were told, the dolphin that we had was a rescued dolphin.. and their enclosure was quite large compared to the ones here in Australia .. I guess it doesn't really matter what others think .. we were there.. and we loved it.. you don't know how they felt either .. you werent there..