Getting to Galveston from Houston???

April-in-NC

What would you do?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• But the Air/Transfer Package from RCI
    • Find our own flights and hire a car service to take us to and from the port.
    • Find our own flights and rent a car to take us to and from the port.

I don't know a better place to ask this question than these boards. :)

Next May I'm going on my first cruise with friends (Rhapsody of the Seas, May 14th sailing) and we had originally planned to buy the air package through Royal Caribbean, but the more we see/hear around the boards we are starting to think it may be just as easy (and probably a lot more convenient) to plan it ourselves.

There will be 3 (possibly 4) of us traveling, one from Columbus, Ohio, one from Charlotte, NC and one (maybe 2) from Mobile, AL so the logistics of getting everyone to arrive at the same time could be difficult, hence the original plan to have RCI do it for us.

If we decide to go on our own we are debating renting a car/SUV (something with a lot of trunk space for our luggage) or finding a car service. Who has done either one of us and can offer advice?

Is it true there is a car rental agency at the port where you can pick-up/drop-off vehicles so we wouldn't have to rent it for a full week?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Yes, there is a car rental agency in Houston that let's you drop off in Galveston. I don't recall which one, but I know there were 4 or 5 threads on this topic under the PORTS OF CALL boards, check out United States and/or do a search for Galveston transportation.

There are also a couple of "Limo" services that you can book, that pick you up at the Houston & Hobby airports and take you to the cruise pier in Galveston. I think www.Galvestonlimousine.com has some information, but be sure to check out the city of Galveston web site as well.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived