which ship ?

Teenie Weenie

Thinking of booking a celebrity cruise to try a different line - but cannot make up our mind which of the ships would give us the best experience - always sailed on RCCL ( been on Oasis and was amazing ) and want to try Celebrity best ship on offer - please advise thanks

you will love "S" class ships.......Eclipse sails 14 days.....Equinox sails 10days

Others vary but mostly 7days...."am speaking here about Caribbean tins

Any of these are a great cruise.....best to you

A word of caution here...

Celebrity is NOT about being impressed by waterslides, open air moviescreens, shoppingmalls, carousels etc. etc.

Celebrity and her Vessels DO impress by their superiour level of sophistication, better food, friendly service.

Do not expect the same amount of "fun" activities, especially not around the pool.

The Solstice Class ships are gorgeous vessels with a stunning yet subdued classy European Boutique interiour, but instead of a Waterslide you have real grass to relax on, instead of miniature golf, there is bocce...

Choose the vessel,that goes to your ports of choice. That is the essencemof cruising. A ship is made or broken by its crew by the way, and all Celebrity ships deliver on that subject.

Celebrity is NOT about being impressed by waterslides, open air moviescreens, shoppingmalls, carousels etc. etc.

Celebrity and her Vessels DO impress by their superiour level of sophistication, better food, friendly service.

Do not expect the same amount of "fun" activities, especially not around the pool.

The Solstice Class ships are gorgeous vessels with a stunning yet subdued classy European Boutique interiour, but instead of a Waterslide you have real grass to relax on, instead of miniature golf, there is bocce...

Choose the vessel,that goes to your ports of choice. That is the essencemof cruising. A ship is made or broken by its crew by the way, and all Celebrity ships deliver on that subject.

Absolutely perfect description :)

Lou

As Celebrity veteran cruisers, we sailed on Oasis in January and truly enjoyed the experience, enough to do it again next year.

Eclipse sailing from the UK and other S-class ships are truly stunning and impressive.

I believe they are more refined than Oasis and offer non-smoking venues throughout the ship.

Once you have tested the waters on those stylish ships, try M-class which remain our favourite for a number of reasons.

Well said. We choose a Celebrity cruise for the ports of call and not the ship. Have been on 5 of Celebrity ships and loved each and everyone of the for different reasons.

I started out with RCCL and have sailed on Explorer (2x) Adventure and Jewel. I've sailed Celebrity 11 times, Summit 5x, Galaxy 2x, Mercury 2x, Millenium and Constellation each once. I loved them all and mourned the loss of Galaxy and Mercury.

Next Jan. I am booked on Silhouette with 3 others for 7 nights to the W. Carib. I've been to all those ports, but my companions haven't, so it will be fun to explore with them again. It's been several years since I've been there. As much as I love all the ships, I have to say that Jewel of the Seas, so far, is the most beautiful of them all. I'm expecting Silhouette to go to the top of the list. I love the M-class ships and they are less expensive than S-class, but we wanted a different itinerary this time and it was only a little more $$. Who knows? We may be hooked on S-class after this.

I worry when people tell newbies not to expect as much fun or activities on X. I am always busy doing fun stuff. I do appreciate minimal pool games, though. I do the trivia games, which are held 2-3 times a day. I especially like the Battle of the Sexes, men vs women, which is held in the evening, usually between dinner seatings. There is so much to do that nobody should EVER be bored. The non-smoking factor is also a BIG plus.

Cruising is so much fun and I intend to keep it up as long as I can. I did 8 cruises in 6 yrs. with my late DH and have done 7 others with different friends/relatives. Life's too short to stop cruising. :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer w. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy Pan. Can. 6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords

1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib.

6/09 Summit Classical Med. 1/11 Summit S. Carib. 6/11 Constellation Scand/Russia

2/12 Summit S. Carib. 8/12 Milennium Alaska cruise/tour 1/13 Silhouette W. Carib

Archived