private tour lubeck/rostock july 20th cruise

squeakers

Four of us on July 20th cruise would like to set up a private tour in Germany of Lubeck/Rostock. More couples would be great. Anyone know how to achieve this?

We will not be going to Berlin. Warnemunde seems to be quaint but a brief visit seems to suffice. Any advice? Thanks.

we were on this cruise last summer with regatta. we rented car in rostock and drove to lubeck, which has a lot of great history/sites. easy drive, but traffic in and particularly out of lubeck was horrible. i don't think you need a guide in lubeck, unless this is your normal style. wonderful city. great sites. easy to walk. do the river cruise around the old city. have a "real" german lunch at the ratskellar off of the main plaza in old part of the city.

on a side note, many people on the cruise toured rostock and reported having a great time.

i found the company through the internet. i can't recall name, but it was one of the major european companies. it was also the only company with a pick up spot right at the train station, which was a short walk from where the ship docked. the car rental people were VERY nice, but communicating in english was a little tough.

Just to add to comments about Luebeck -- we were there with a Danish friend on a drive-tour through Schleswig-Holstein in October 2003. We loved Luebeck.

You do NOT need a guide. It's a small area to see and it can be done in an afternoon as opposed to Berlin which cannot! (Just my personal prejudice!)

Don't miss the marionette museum ... it's wonderful!

When we were there two churches had free concerts, but probably too late in the afternoon to permit you to get back to the ship in time unless perhaps you have a very late sailaway (say 10-11pm).

A delightful town.

Four of us on July 20th cruise would like to set up a private tour in Germany of Lubeck/Rostock. More couples would be great. Anyone know how to achieve this?

We will not be going to Berlin. Warnemunde seems to be quaint but a brief visit seems to suffice. Any advice? Thanks.

you might consider taking the train.

go to site---www.bahn.de

they have timetables, prices etc.

we are going to do it in september.

Archived