Laundromat in Istanbul

We'll be doing back-to-back cruises - 14 nights, and will be in Istanbul from lunch-time Friday to Sat afternoon mid-way through. I was thinking this would be a good time to get some laundry done.

Does anyone know if there is a laundromat anywhere near the cruise port?

I assume you have been to Istanbul before because otherwise you will need every bit of time you have (and more) to explore this magnificent, beautiful, historic, vibrant city.

Very true. My wife and I spent a week there several years ago at the Hotel Gezi just off Taksim Square, and barely scratched the surface. It's an absolutely fascinating place.

Even if your ship doesn't have self laundry - they ALL have laundry service. Just budget in a bit extra to have some sent out.... it really isn't THAT expensive and you wouldn't have to have everything done if you pack wisely. I always take extra shirts/blouses and just send out my slacks or maybe a shirt or two. We are taking a 12 night this October with 3 nights in Rome pre cruise and 2 nights in Venice post cruise......... but will send out some things onboard and use some of my onboard credit I got when I booked :)

ps: I can't imagine spending precious time in Istanbul (one of our favorite cities) doing wash !

We'll be doing back-to-back cruises - 14 nights, and will be in Istanbul from lunch-time Friday to Sat afternoon mid-way through. I was thinking this would be a good time to get some laundry done.

Does anyone know if there is a laundromat anywhere near the cruise port?

If you can afford a B2B for 14 days laundry should be the least of your concerns. Sure the laundry prices on the ship are high, but it is vacation. 10 shirts and 10 pants can't add up to $100. Of course I didn't like the smell of the detergent on the Ruby Princess and no one folds and irons like my darling maid.

Archived