FOS Presidential Suite

Just booked the Presidential Suite on FOS, we love the aft balconies. After looking at some photos, I am wondering - can we see the wake from the balcony?? That is one of the draws for the aft for us! :confused:

Just booked the Presidential Suite on FOS, we love the aft balconies. After looking at some photos, I am wondering - can we see the wake from the balcony?? That is one of the draws for the aft for us! :confused:

You can see the wake in the distance, but not by viewing directly down.

You have a ton of square footage on that balcony!!! The only problem I would have would be the lack of privacy. We have been on deck 7 corner afts, look down, and can see better than 60-70% of the balcony.

Tim

Thanks, knew about the privacy issues (guess we'll leave the clothes on:eek:)!! Still think the size of balcony will outweigh the negatives! Hoping we get a good view of the water - guess in the distance will have to do!

Post number 7 in this thread has a pic to give you an idea of what you will have to look at. Your cabin is one deck below where this pic was taken, and to the left of the RCCL logo.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1882648

Tim

Thanks Tim! Love the ocean views, I think we can "handle it". I know it will be our one and only time in a suite of that size! Plus we will hit diamond with this cruise. Should be fun!!!

Thanks Tim! Love the ocean views, I think we can "handle it". I know it will be our one and only time in a suite of that size! Plus we will hit diamond with this cruise. Should be fun!!!

GO FOR IT!!! Have a GERAT cruise!!!

Tim

We had that suite last month! The balcony IS lovely AND, for the record, more private than people think. There's a whole half of it under the overhang of the deck above. It's deep enough to fit the hot tub and the long table and chairs under. We had all the loungers and chairs under the overhang, but we are also mostly a family of pale burnable people. :-D Also, things outside the overhang tend to get wet overnight. Not sure if that's the infamous Windjammer Window Washing or the many sneaky rain showers that we passed through.

As for the water views, standing in the middle of the balcony, it's disappointing. But if you move over to the ends, you feel closer to the water. It is still a pretty view, though. And so quiet...until you get everyone from your party out there. HA! Enjoy!

And if you have other questions about the suite, I'll try to answer them!

We had that suite last month! The balcony IS lovely AND, for the record, more private than people think. There's a whole half of it under the overhang of the deck above. It's deep enough to fit the hot tub and the long table and chairs under. We had all the loungers and chairs under the overhang, but we are also mostly a family of pale burnable people. :-D Also, things outside the overhang tend to get wet overnight. Not sure if that's the infamous Windjammer Window Washing or the many sneaky rain showers that we passed through.

As for the water views, standing in the middle of the balcony, it's disappointing. But if you move over to the ends, you feel closer to the water. It is still a pretty view, though. And so quiet...until you get everyone from your party out there. HA! Enjoy!

And if you have other questions about the suite, I'll try to answer them!

So good to hear! We are very excited! And our group my bother the people above us if we are all out there :D

Did you find one master roomier than the other or similar?

The master on the...port side is bigger, I think. Also, something to consider when doing room assignments: The starboard master with the glass door into the living room has no curtain over that glass door. So if there is light in the living room, that room also has light. The occupants of that bedroom were pretty annoyed by this. If the people taking that room are disturbed by light when they are trying to sleep, take some time now to think up a way to jerryrig a curtain or something.

Here is a picture of your balcony taken from cabin 7708 (corner aft). This is on the Independance.

As you can see, a good portion of the balcony is exposed to the decks above you. Personally I don't think I would book that cabin because of some lack of privacy, and the view of the water is greatly reduced due to the large blue coloured section of the ship right outside your balcony (see pic)

But, it DOES have a hot tub - but it won't be very private. As you can see in the pic, we could easily see the outdoor bar, which is on the other side of the balcony from the hot tub. So, those in the JS right above you, or over to the starboard side will have a view of the hot tub.

But.. also.. the cabin is amazing - I've only seen pics, but it would be simply awesome to have that amount of space.

DSC_6035_zps8e1fa382.jpg

Some other tips now that I'm thinking of them (may or may not help you, but maybe they'll help someone else at some point)

We had the port side interior room with 4 people. In this room, I don't think it's possible to configure it with the lower beds together while both upper berths are down, just because of how the ladders go. Looking at the starboard interior, I think that would have been possible in there.

Fitting 4 people into the interior room leads to a shortage of storage space. We stashed some bags in the closets in the port master, but I didn't think til later that there is a large number of drawers in the living room around the minibar area that I could have used.

There is music playing softly in the living room and hallway areas. We never could figure out how to turn that off. There are also NO announcements played in the suite. If you're waiting to hear something, go into the hallway. (This was particularly noticed when we were late getting into St. Thomas because the weather was bad).

The bright orange cover on the hot tub doesn't mean it's out of order. We had to uncover and fill it up ourselves. It does not heat the water, so be prepared to refill it regularly. Or consider it your own personal pool with bubbles (which worked FINE for my kids!). Also, the pumps were not working when we got there, but they did replace them while we were there. May they still be kicking when you go! If not, between Willie and our stateroom attendant (Ronnie, I think), they were able to straighten things out.

You may want to ask the attendant up front for extra glasses for water/wine/etc. They had the standard room allotment in there, which meant: Only 2 of everything!

Dinner on the balcony is fantastic. We ate out there for the second formal night as we had a few members of our group opposed to dressing up. When they brought us the main course and appetizers (together), they took our order for dessert. This arrived right around when we finished eating. It really was great. Grand Marnier souffle is best when it's still hot!

No, the bar outside is not stocked. But it's a handy place to keep bottles of wine and water!

Photo Package: GET THE CD package if you have any interest at all. It includes all pictures of ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR STATEROOM. Ok, $300 is a lot, but that's 8-14 people's worth of pictures. I wish people in our room had done more pictures, but I still feel ok about having purchased it.

BYOW (Bring your own wine): I carried on two bottles of wine, no problem. Another member of our group put two bottles of wine in his suitcase. This was delivered with no problem. At no point did anyone ask about the bottles of wine in my backpack, or what room I was in. That said, our TA also gave us 6 bottles of wine for the room. We had WAY too much wine!

Concierge Lounge: My group loved this place. There were many hours spent hanging out and chatting in this room. Way more than in our stateroom, it seemed like.

Ok, that's all I have in my head.

Post number 7 in this thread has a pic to give you an idea of what you will have to look at. Your cabin is one deck below where this pic was taken, and to the left of the RCCL logo.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1882648

Tim

The picture on the above board is different than the FOS. The deck 6 balconies extend a few feet past deck 7. So when you look down you do see a good portion of the balcony. You can compare it to later post from someone in 7708 and see how it does extend on deck 6. The extended one is like FOS

I remember when we stayed in 7708 on lots and the first Couple days there where teens making use of that painted area, all from the PS. I thought there must be a gate there in the railing, then the second day I saw 2 of them, girls, climbing over the railing.

After the second day, we did not see them out there any more. Was going to take a pic but never got the chance. And, from 7708 one can see a large part of that balcony.

I remember when we stayed in 7708 on lots and the first Couple days there where teens making use of that painted area, all from the PS. I thought there must be a gate there in the railing, then the second day I saw 2 of them, girls, climbing over the railing.

After the second day, we did not see them out there any more. Was going to take a pic but never got the chance. And, from 7708 one can see a large part of that balcony.

When i in 7710 next door 2 months ago I went to sleep around 1 am and heard some noises around 3am. Woke up at 7am with someones dress laying in the middle of the painted section. Sounded like some sort of party.

The picture on the above board is different than the FOS. The deck 6 balconies extend a few feet past deck 7. So when you look down you do see a good portion of the balcony. You can compare it to later post from someone in 7708 and see how it does extend on deck 6. The extended one is like FOS

Yes they do! I was just trying to reference the distance between the balcony and the aft of the ship.

Tim

• 1 month later...
Some other tips now that I'm thinking of them (may or may not help you, but maybe they'll help someone else at some point)

We had the port side interior room with 4 people. In this room, I don't think it's possible to configure it with the lower beds together while both upper berths are down, just because of how the ladders go. Looking at the starboard interior, I think that would have been possible in there.

Fitting 4 people into the interior room leads to a shortage of storage space. We stashed some bags in the closets in the port master, but I didn't think til later that there is a large number of drawers in the living room around the minibar area that I could have used.

There is music playing softly in the living room and hallway areas. We never could figure out how to turn that off. There are also NO announcements played in the suite. If you're waiting to hear something, go into the hallway. (This was particularly noticed when we were late getting into St. Thomas because the weather was bad).

The bright orange cover on the hot tub doesn't mean it's out of order. We had to uncover and fill it up ourselves. It does not heat the water, so be prepared to refill it regularly. Or consider it your own personal pool with bubbles (which worked FINE for my kids!). Also, the pumps were not working when we got there, but they did replace them while we were there. May they still be kicking when you go! If not, between Willie and our stateroom attendant (Ronnie, I think), they were able to straighten things out.

You may want to ask the attendant up front for extra glasses for water/wine/etc. They had the standard room allotment in there, which meant: Only 2 of everything!

Dinner on the balcony is fantastic. We ate out there for the second formal night as we had a few members of our group opposed to dressing up. When they brought us the main course and appetizers (together), they took our order for dessert. This arrived right around when we finished eating. It really was great. Grand Marnier souffle is best when it's still hot!

No, the bar outside is not stocked. But it's a handy place to keep bottles of wine and water!

Photo Package: GET THE CD package if you have any interest at all. It includes all pictures of ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR STATEROOM. Ok, $300 is a lot, but that's 8-14 people's worth of pictures. I wish people in our room had done more pictures, but I still feel ok about having purchased it.

BYOW (Bring your own wine): I carried on two bottles of wine, no problem. Another member of our group put two bottles of wine in his suitcase. This was delivered with no problem. At no point did anyone ask about the bottles of wine in my backpack, or what room I was in. That said, our TA also gave us 6 bottles of wine for the room. We had WAY too much wine!

Concierge Lounge: My group loved this place. There were many hours spent hanging out and chatting in this room. Way more than in our stateroom, it seemed like.

Ok, that's all I have in my head.

Hey great reading your post - we are in the PS in 53 days:D Your post has great info - one question - how do you fill the hot tub?

Hey great reading your post - we are in the PS in 53 days:D Your post has great info - one question - how do you fill the hot tub?

There's a spigot on the hot tub. Just turn it on and get it to the temp you like. And plug the drain (there's a lever on the side for that).

Archived