Princess EZAir cancelled my tickets

weberman

I like EZAir and will continue to use it when it makes sense to do so.

I will use them in the same way I use any other service following this process.

1. Research flights in advance. Know which flights I want and the cost.

2. Research the rules for the airlines running those flights.

3. Contact Princess and request the specific flights and ask if they can find anything cheaper/better. Usually they cannot come up with anything better.

4. Once booked and paid (I always use restricted and pay immediately) go immediately to the airlines site and confirm the information and seats.

5. Put notification trigger on the airlines site to notify me of any changes.

One other note:

If you book flights that include code shares you might have multiple booking numbers. One for the airline you booked with and the other for the actual carrier on the code share flight. You need to use the appropriate one for the appropriate airline.

For example I booked a flight through Travelocity from LAX to Sydney and a return from Auckland to Sydney to LAX. The tickets were booked on Virgin Australia. The two legs to/from Sydney are on Virgin Australia. The leg from Auckland to Sydney is on Air New Zealand.

I was able to select seats on Virgin via their web site, but could not book the Air New Zealand leg. To select seats there I had to call Virgin get the Air New Zealand booking number from them and then call Air New Zealand using the their number and get the seats for that segment.

The rules vary depending on the airlines. It is an example of the complications you can run into with code shares. No matter how you get the tickets.

I like EZAir and will continue to use it when it makes sense to do so.

I will use them in the same way I use any other service following this process.

1. Research flights in advance. Know which flights I want and the cost.

2. Research the rules for the airlines running those flights.

3. Contact Princess and request the specific flights and ask if they can find anything cheaper/better. Usually they cannot come up with anything better.

4. Once booked and paid (I always use restricted and pay immediately) go immediately to the airlines site and confirm the information and seats.

5. Put notification trigger on the airlines site to notify me of any changes.

The purpose of my OP was to inform people of what happened to me and what could happen to them. I am not saying anyone should not use EZAir. But as I mentioned earlier, check your reservations frequently to make sure you don't have a problem as many people have indicated they have had.

I was lucky I just happened to check when I did. Fortunately, my problem was quickly solved. If I had not checked, I could have had serious problems when I tried to reconfirm my air reservations 48 hours in advance as Air Berlin recommends.

One thing I think Princess should do is notify us or our Travel Agent when they make a change from the original reservation. In my case, I made the EZAir reservation directly and the T/A was not involved so they should have notified me with an e-mail. However, he did help, and had more clout than I did.

So as I said before CHECK, CHECK, AND CHECK again.

But then again, Princess put the blame on me!

I had a look at our booking. On your cruise personalizer there are 3 numbers under 'FLIGHT AND TRANSFERS' - cruise booking number, the air booking number and the confirmation number. When you log onto virtually there.com to confuse things it says type your reservation code' ; this is the confirmation number as showing the cruise personalizer - it is the last of the 3 numbers ( 6 letters); punch this in plus your surname where indicated. The next screen asks for your email or password - use PRINCESS ( I have never been able to get it to work under my email). Hopefully this will work. I noticed that it is 80 days until your cruise. In my experience the virtually there.com information does not show up until approximately 45 days before the cruise. It is my understanding that if paid in full the e-'tickets will be issued at that time. To add to the confusion the confirmation number is also known by the airlines as your "file locator' which I found out when I wanted to book seats.

Hope that this works for you.

Thanks for sharing info about this website. I followed your directions, and was able to pull up our confo and etickets - even though we're still 90 days out from our flight.

I know a lot of people have said they wouldn't book air with Princess, and I know we've had our share of problems that we've shared on this thread about our upcoming cruise.

However, if we tried to book our airfare ourselves for our next trip, it would have cost us an extra $2K/person! :eek: The airfare deal was just so good we couldn't resist (perhaps it was because it was a repositioning cruise). We now have 2 lay-overs instead of 1, and we will need to continue watching the air to make sure nothing else surprising happens. But for us the savings, was almost the cost of the cruise itself.

On the other hand, I do recall not having seats next to my DH on a return flight home from New Zealand to LA. The only reason I could think of was because we had different last names. I was seated with family members with my last name and my DH was in an entirely different location of the plane. Fortunately, there were people on the plane willing to change seats so we could sit together.

Lovey, your post reminds me of flying back from Europe years ago with my best friend and her husband. Our two seats were together and he sat elsewhere (his ticket was booked by the gov't as he was on business) -- he insisted on keeping this arrangement, so that I wouldn't have to sit with strangers. Very polite and thoughtful, except that his wife, my beloved best friend in the world, is petrified of flying. So guess whose arm her long fingernails were digging into for nine hours across the Atlantic, every time the plane so much as hiccuped? Meanwhile, I could hear him laughing at my plight from ten rows away. It was a very long flight, and my left arm still has little half-moon shaped indentations on it. Lesson of my story: be very, very wary of married couples who don't ask to switch to be seated together -- there might be a reason!

FWIW, I feel comfortable about my EzAir booking for this Fall's TA on the Royal.

I had been going to the Princess Personalizer daily to do a search if there were any better flights. Today, a message popped up saying tickets had been issued and to contact the air desk for assistance. I then went to the Delta website and noticed I could select seats where I couldn't before. I was also able to print out the e-tickets. The e-ticket numbers also show on virtuallythere.com

So, I think things are pretty safe for now.

Lovey, your post reminds me of flying back from Europe years ago with my best friend and her husband. Our two seats were together and he sat elsewhere (his ticket was booked by the gov't as he was on business) -- he insisted on keeping this arrangement, so that I wouldn't have to sit with strangers. Very polite and thoughtful, except that his wife, my beloved best friend in the world, is petrified of flying. So guess whose arm her long fingernails were digging into for nine hours across the Atlantic, every time the plane so much as hiccuped? Meanwhile, I could hear him laughing at my plight from ten rows away. It was a very long flight, and my left arm still has little half-moon shaped indentations on it. Lesson of my story: be very, very wary of married couples who don't ask to switch to be seated together -- there might be a reason!

Too funny! :D

Archived