loyalty bonus?

I was delighted to find a gift of a bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin when we embarked on the Spirit last Saturday. Nicely arranged with 2 flutes in a bucket of ice, with a little card saying welcome back and explaining the gift.

Now I only met one other person who had received this (though you are reluctant to go round bragging about it to all and sundry!) And there were obviously a lot of repeat passengers, so I suppose it's pot luck. It was also asked on the questionnaire if we felt valued as repeat customers and if we'd received a gift. That naturally got a big tick from me!

A good start!

kate

I was delighted to find a gift of a bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin when we embarked on the Spirit last Saturday. Nicely arranged with 2 flutes in a bucket of ice, with a little card saying welcome back and explaining the gift.

Now I only met one other person who had received this (though you are reluctant to go round bragging about it to all and sundry!) And there were obviously a lot of repeat passengers, so I suppose it's pot luck. It was also asked on the questionnaire if we felt valued as repeat customers and if we'd received a gift. That naturally got a big tick from me!

A good start!

kate

I was just going to start a thread asking if the questions on loyalty were new. As I hadn't noticed them before.

For us though the answer to both was no.

eg Were you recognised as repeat cutomers?

Did you receive anything for it?

I thought Thomsons were putting the cart before the horse and asking the questions before doing anything about it.:confused:

Still good for you I hope you enjoyed it.:D

The people in the room next to us at the Roccamarina Hotel, which is exclusively Thomson guests (Thomson Gold) had a bottle of champagne in the room when they arrived, as they had been there last year :) We may go again next year, so will see if we get one ;)

She had, though, put a very good review on Tripadvisor, and the hotel had translated it into Spanish and printed it off and put it up in the staff quarters, so maybe that's the way to do it :D:D:D

We had a plate of fruit and a bottle of wine left in our room on arrival in a hotel in Kefallonia. That was our 2nd visit. Wondered how they knew it was our wedding anniversary but when I went to reception to thank them they said it was because we were returning guests!

Also got gifts, plates of fruit and free room upgrades at RIU hotels. Also recently got a pair of flip flops through the post from RIU. They must have noticed that we have not used them since starting cruising. :D

A good start!

kate

Kate,

Was this your second trip on the Spirit this year or was your previous trip last year or earlier?

Malc.

A good start!

kate

We got a bottle of bubbly on the Majesty Italians Flavours cruise last month "for being one of our best customers"

We gave it to our favourite wine waiter, Rosario, from Goa to look after it and he served it, nicely chilled, in the Four Seasons Restaurant on our last night.

We got a bottle of bubbly on the Majesty Italians Flavours cruise last month "for being one of our best customers"

We gave it to our favourite wine waiter, Rosario, from Goa to look after it and he served it, nicely chilled, in the Four Seasons Restaurant on our last night.

Lucky you. Is that because you have been on Majesty a lot or any Thomson ship?

I all

returned from the Majesty on the. 5th July this was our 15th Thomsons cruise and our second on the Majesty this year! We have been on all the Thomson ships but this cruise we also received a bottle of sparkling wine presented in an ice bucket with a card thanking us for being a loyal customer. Nice touch and about time too. I spent 30 minutes writing a review about a week ago but somehow pressed the wrong button and lost the review. Must try again. I was answering Kruzzees post on evening entertainment and had some interesting points! Will have another try.

I all

returned from the Majesty on the. 5th July this was our 15th Thomsons cruise and our second on the Majesty this year! We have been on all the Thomson ships but this cruise we also received a bottle of sparkling wine presented in an ice bucket with a card thanking us for being a loyal customer. Nice touch and about time too. I spent 30 minutes writing a review about a week ago but somehow pressed the wrong button and lost the review. Must try again. I was answering Kruzzees post on evening entertainment and had some interesting points! Will have another try.

Oh please do - you have me wondering now! :D It's soooooo frustrating though isn't it when you spend ages doing a post and you manage to lose it?

Well all these bottles of wine are very interesting - as is often the case with Thomson there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason for these things - but good luck to those who do get a treat. I've never had one in my cabin for being a loyal customer! :rolleyes:

I just hope that this isn't their idea of a loyalty programme! Our friends are now getting 7.5% discount from P&O and have done only about a quarter of the cruises we have done with Thomson! :eek:

Kate,

Was this your second trip on the Spirit this year or was your previous trip last year or earlier?

Malc.

It was May 2012 when we took our last cruise, which was our second time on the Spirit. We only tend to do one cruise a year.

kate

I'm thinking Thomsons may be 'shooting themselves in the foot' with this.

Surely it should be for everyone, and not just the occasional bottle of wine, here and there.

The C.D. told us that Thomsons had the highest number of repeat customers in the world. However they don't seem to be able to come up with any consistent policy for acknowledging this.

Maybe they don't thinkthey need to.

Kruzseeka, you should be getting a Magnum!! Or a free cruise! :):D

It would not cost Thomson very much to put a bottle of wine in the cabins of returning customers especially if they already had the Drinks Package! But it would be a nice touch.

DH and I had a number of small problems on one cruise on Majesty, which took a while to sort out.....safe, noisy air con. We received a letter of apology, a bowl of fruit and a bottle of house wine which we drank in the Bistro. Nice....but we could get the fruit from the buffet and we had the drinks package so didn't need the wine! :D. I kept the letter though!

Archived