Is there a good restaurant within walking distance of the pier?

jkskrap

We will be back in Grand Cayman in December and were wondering if anyone knows of a restaurant to eat lunch that is walkable? We have walked the town a bit pre-tour and I remember a coffee shop and some fast food, but no sit down restaurants.

I would prefer to avoid the cabs but will do so if there is no other choice.

Thanks!

Paradise next to Eden Rock is popular and right on the water

http://www.ecayonline.com/media/menu/2585_lunchmenu.pdf

My Bar at Sunset House is less than 1 mile down the road, a comfortable walk for me

http://sunsethouse.com/images/Menus/Restaurant%20Lunch%20menu%20Single%20page%20Main%20%202011.pdf

http://sunsethouse.com/images/Menus/Restaurant%20Snack%20Menu%20Nov%20%2010%208_5X11%202011.pdf

Guy Harvey's is also very popular

http://www.guyharveysgrill.com/lunch.php

I avoid Marg'ville and the like .... I can go to those places at home . . .

the best IS Sunset House & My Bar

but the not quite one mile keeps most away

which is FINE by me and those who frequent the place.

My last week long stay I only ate 2 meals anywhere else . . . and one of those was to entertain someone who HAD to go to M'ville ..... ughhhhh

the best IS Sunset House & My Bar

but the not quite one mile keeps most away

which is FINE by me and those who frequent the place.

My last week long stay I only ate 2 meals anywhere else . . . and one of those was to entertain someone who HAD to go to M'ville ..... ughhhhh

How do we get there from the ship, we don't mind the walk. I see they have an Indian Menu - we love Indian food!!! You say My Bar, but the menu says Sunset House, I'm just a little confused.

How do we get there from the ship, we don't mind the walk. I see they have an Indian Menu - we love Indian food!!! You say My Bar, but the menu says Sunset House, I'm just a little confused.

Sunset House is the hotel, My Bar and Seaharvest are restaurants there.Take a right from the pier, it's really not a far walk.They have a pool that you could take a dip in.

Post is correct, My Bar is the bar at Sunset House, Sea Harvest is the rest' at Sunset House. You can order off the rest' menu at the bar. And there is a bar menu ... and a snacks menu . . . you can get everything they offer at the bar or the tables on the deck. At night there is a sep' fancy deck area for fancy dining away from the bar. SO many options!

To find Sunset House just turn right from the downtown tender landings and start walking. Sorry there are not sidewalks all the way but it is less than a mile. Keep walking 'til you see the sign.

100_0129_zps1e515da8.jpg

Or a SHORT taxi ride.

Then follow the driveway towards the water ....

So far as snorkeling ... the conditions you'll find here are the same as you'd find at Eden Rock which you'll pass on your walk. Sunset has the advantage of their 'sea pool' for easy entry if jumping straight into 10 feet of water concerns you....

Thanks for the detail. Great to see they have various menu's. Actually it was the Indian food menu that attracted us to want to go there. We love curries!! Sounds like it's going to be fun!

Arguably, but not really :), the restaurant with the best higher end food in GT is the Brasserie. Walk-able from the cruise terminal (closer than My Bar), but in an office park setting. La Dolce Vita and Cassanova are two other options with very good food, both on the water.

Arguably, but not really :), the restaurant with the best higher end food in GT is the Brasserie. Walk-able from the cruise terminal (closer than My Bar), but in an office park setting. La Dolce Vita and Cassanova are two other options with very good food, both on the water.

Ooh yeah, Brasserie is awesome! Good suggestion TurtleTagger.

Archived