Just off Valor July 14-21 sailing

Karysa

Do you have any tips or tricks to share.

I am sailing her this Sunday, 8/4

Dependingnon your travel arrangements, spend some time before or after in Old San Juan. It is nicer than most of the ports you will be stopping at.

St. Thomas has improved since they built the mixed use development west of the pier. The stores harass you less than in the past.

Take advantage of the sea day brunch and all the inboard activities on the at sea day.

Barbados went downhill in my opinion. Some friends we made enjoyed the beach.

St. Lucia was a waste. The pier shopping area is small, the locals harass you if you go into town. I have heard that Pigeon Island is nice.

St. Kitts was a waste too. Beware of the monkeys! There is a decent amount of shopping at the pier but that's about it.

St. Maarten was a great stop. There are some little stands at the pier and similar to St. Thomas you can take a cheap taxi or walk downtown. There is a beach downtown too!

Even though I didn't care for a couple of the islands, the cruise was great, mainly due to the on board experience. There were many activities, even while in port, and the staff is friendly. Although we didn't try them ourselves, I heard the steakhouse was great (free bottle of wine if you go the first night, which is a smart move bc dinner in the MDR is open seating the first night and if you like it the first night, you could book another night later in the cruise!) as was the chef's table.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived