Breakaway/Haven Review July 14,2013

1witchydiva

Thank you for your great review. If I had that balcony, I would NEVER leave my cabin...lol.

Thank you. Trust me, I did not want to leave that balcony. My daughter made a joke that I was going to handcuff myself to that balcony,so I wouldnt have to leave...:)

Thanks for the great review. I like your last comment, "I would not book so many specialty restaurants. I think I would have taken it day by day.".

That is what I think I would do also. Missing Slam Allen at Fat Cats because of a dinner ressie is just not acceptable! I figure I can always find something to eat somewhere around my entertainment!:)

Thank you. :)

You can always find something to eat,somewhere. :)

Hi Diva, BTW, you didn't mention how/when you sprung the "Suite" surprise on your family and what their reaction was...do tell :D !!!

Omg , your right. I did forget.

They did not figure it out till we got to the pier . As we got thru the baggage area, my husband was looking for which line for deck 14. I grabbed his hand and told him "our line is here" and I was standing in front of the woman with the haven sign . He just stared at me and I said surprise. My family looked shocked lol. My husband said that he can't believe I did not tell them for so long . I got a big hug and kiss when we walked into the haven area at the pier.

When he saw the room he said holy blank blank. Are you sure this is the right room? When he saw that gorgeous balcony, he was hooked and I was the bomb. Lol :)

My daughter kept saying thank you, it's beautiful. My son asked me when did we become rich and forget to tell him???!!!! Lol.

The family loved the haven perks.

So, I pulled off my surprise and everyone had a wonderful time.

Now, that two years worth of planning and waiting is over, I feel sad. And I don't want to go back to the reality of work etc. Guess planning another cruise will help with this blah feeling. :)

Edited by 1witchydiva

Thank you so much for your review and pics! Your experience sounds nearly identical to mine! And I too, am currently suffering from moderate to sometimes severe cruise withdrawal after such a long planning period of time! Thanks again! It was fun to read!:)

Omg , your right. I did forget.

They did not figure it out till we got to the pier . As we got thru the baggage area, my husband was looking for which line for deck 14. I grabbed his hand and told him "our line is here" and I was standing in front of the woman with the haven sign . He just stared at me and I said surprise. My family looked shocked lol. My husband said that he can't believe I did not tell them for so long . I got a big hug and kiss when we walked into the haven area at the pier.

When he saw the room he said holy blank blank. Are you sure this is the right room? When he saw that gorgeous balcony, he was hooked and I was the bomb. Lol :)

My daughter kept saying thank you, it's beautiful. My son asked me when did we become rich and forget to tell him???!!!! Lol.

The family loved the haven perks.

So, I pulled off my surprise and everyone had a wonderful time.

Now, that two years worth of planning and waiting is over, I feel sad. And I don't want to go back to the reality of work etc. Guess planning another cruise will help with this blah feeling. :)

Love it!!! So awesome!

So glad you enjoyed the cruise. The Haven sounds wonderful! Our tiny balcony was, well, tiny!!!!

Just thought I would let you know that yes, the chair hogs were out in full force. I was up and at the pool deck around 7:30 on sea days. I saw one lady each morning holding 12-16 chairs with towels, flip flops, bags. The first morning her husband showed up at 8:30 and nobody else until after 10. Terrible! There were many more who did the same.

Some people are just plain rude, what can you do?

;0)

Sigh.... I was hoping that the chair hogs weren't out in full force.

I am so sorry that we didnt cross paths again on the ship. I wanted to tell you and Gershep---Party on my balcony !!!! :) That would have been awesome....:D

Thanks very much for your review 1witchdiva! If I could ever get that cabin and balcony there is no way I would ever leave!!! That would become my new home forever...squatters rights or something like that! :)

Thanks very much for your review 1witchdiva! If I could ever get that cabin and balcony there is no way I would ever leave!!! That would become my new home forever...squatters rights or something like that! :)

Your welcome.

I overheard my daughter telling my husband...... "Daddy , I think mommy is going to handcuff herself to the balcony, so she doesn't have to leave." Lol. Trust me, it was painful leaving that room. And leaving the butler and the room steward???? Yikes. It was a sad morning. Lol

I forgot to post pictures going under the bridge leaving New York.

D73411EE-6874-49ED-87C7-82B3AC90B0A7-3056-0000034083C823EA_zpsa76d7f2a.jpg

Do you remember approximately how long it was from the time you left port until you went under the bridge? We will be in an aft cabin on Deck 12 and plan to do the sailaway from our balcony. I have heard some people say it is almost an hour before you go underneath the bridge..which seems like a long time..but maybe it is.

Do you remember approximately how long it was from the time you left port until you went under the bridge? We will be in an aft cabin on Deck 12 and plan to do the sailaway from our balcony. I have heard some people say it is almost an hour before you go underneath the bridge..which seems like a long time..but maybe it is.

I timed it a 45 minutes. So the hour is about right. :)

I loved reading your review. We are going on the breakaway haven in August. I want to pre-book some specialty restaurants and keep other nights as "go with the flow ". What times do the shows and entertainment usually start?

I found the dailies for day five and day 6 so far. I'm still looking. Lol

Day 5. Burn the floor-steeping out was at 630pm. Rock of ages-730pm slam Allen 830pm. Cirque-9pm glow party-1030pm.

Day 6---80's party and fireworks at 1045pm. Cirque- 9pm

I'll post the other days when I find them. Are there any particular shows/ events that you are interested in?

• 9 months later...