deals for drinks pacakage on caribbean

Hi all may be looking to do b2b in February in the Caribbean. Apart from prices being silly at the moment can any of you remember if when Thomson do the reduced drinks package promotions ie 69 or 99 pounds it has ever applied to the Caribbean cruises or just the red sea/canary cruises. Thanks

Shirley

Hi all may be looking to do b2b in February in the Caribbean. Apart from prices being silly at the moment can any of you remember if when Thomson do the reduced drinks package promotions ie 69 or 99 pounds it has ever applied to the Caribbean cruises or just the red sea/canary cruises. Thanks

Shirley

I have booked for February 2014 and there are no drinks packages to buy beforehand but I hope there will be a wine package when we get on board.

When we went to the Caribbean on Dream in January, it was around a pound off £200 per person per week for the all in. Didn't think we would drink around £800 worth in 2 weeks, and on top of that there were supplements for some drinks, even 50p for a bottle of water, so we were glad not to have bothered.

We were off the ship every day except sea day of course, enjoying the various islands, so only drinking in the evenings anyway. Had the free coffee during the day.

Thanks for your replies think if we go we will opt to pay at the end prob be no more than £500 for the two of us for a fortnight. Think if I tried to beat the £800 package I would end up in hospital. Thanks for your help much appreciated:)

Were there any wine packages on Dream in the Caribbean?

Not last winter Jakanne at least Jan/Feb as we'd have bought into it had there been one on offer. :( But then again until this last month or so I'd not been aware of them being available on either of the Thomson run ship before.

Last May and then September was the first time we'd come across these beer/wine packages on any Thomson ship and that was on the Louis run ones - Majesty and Spirit respectively. At that time they weren't available on Celebration or Dream - at least from replies I'd had when asking the question on here.

It seems that this summer season there has been a change and Dream and Celebration have these wine packages too - but not sure whether that inclides beer packages and hot drinks and cold drink packages which were also available on Majesty and Spirit. Perhaps someone will be ale to tell us.

But ever the optimist, I'm hoping now they have initiated the wine packages at least (if not the others) it will be a permanent feature on both these ships - and to be extended if it doesn't currently include beer and hot/cold drinks too. I can't see how it would be anything other than a benefit to Thomson (I'm sure we end up buying more!) as well as to the passengers. So fingers crossed that it will be there in the Caribbean next winter - but who knows?

Not last winter Jakanne at least Jan/Feb as we'd have bought into it had there been one on offer. :( But then again until this last month or so I'd not been aware of them being available on either of the Thomson run ship before.

Last May and then September was the first time we'd come across these beer/wine packages on any Thomson ship and that was on the Louis run ones - Majesty and Spirit respectively. At that time they weren't available on Celebration or Dream - at least from replies I'd had when asking the question on here.

It seems that this summer season there has been a change and Dream and Celebration have these wine packages too - but not sure whether that inclides beer packages and hot drinks and cold drink packages which were also available on Majesty and Spirit. Perhaps someone will be ale to tell us.

But ever the optimist, I'm hoping now they have initiated the wine packages at least (if not the others) it will be a permanent feature on both these ships - and to be extended if it doesn't currently include beer and hot/cold drinks too. I can't see how it would be anything other than a benefit to Thomson (I'm sure we end up buying more!) as well as to the passengers. So fingers crossed that it will be there in the Caribbean next winter - but who knows?

We bought the wine package on Majesty in April and found it a good idea. Firstly the wine per bottle worked out cheaper than buying the same wine outside the wine package but also as we were 3 ladies with separate on board accounts it made it easier to keep track of drinks. Yes, fingers crossed for the Caribbean.

no wine package on dream in caribbean that I knew of

if you are not on ai it can be better value to order wine by the bottle (rather than bythe glass) the waiters will keep it on ice for you for the next day or you can take it with you to drink later

there are wine packages on celebration at the moment 5 bottles (cant remember the price)....but they wernt including any of the more popular wines in the package, which is why we didnt take it up

in fact, they had run out of the more popular wines (or should I say the ones we prefer) for the entire week we were on.......same happened on dream in caribbean?

why dont they just order more pinot grigio?.....they always seem to run out of it?:(

no wine package on dream in caribbean that I knew of

if you are not on ai it can be better value to order wine by the bottle (rather than bythe glass) the waiters will keep it on ice for you for the next day or you can take it with you to drink later

there are wine packages on celebration at the moment 5 bottles (cant remember the price)....but they wernt including any of the more popular wines in the package, which is why we didnt take it up

in fact, they had run out of the more popular wines (or should I say the ones we prefer) for the entire week we were on.......same happened on dream in caribbean?

why dont they just order more pinot grigio?.....they always seem to run out of it?:(

Thanks Geo. Yes, we will order by the bottle. There will be no need for the waiter to keep it till the next day! :);)

On Majesty, there were lots of popular wines (ones I recognised). The wine list was reprinted near the end of the week as some wines were running low!

Archived