Multiple room access for your Sea Pass?

We are traveling with multiple families w/kids who are likely going to want to play musical rooms on our cruise. Does anyone know if it's possible to assign multiple rooms to your pass?

I don't know if they will do that, but they will give you extra keys for the other rooms.

When four generations cruise together, there is a lot of running from room to room. We get extra keys so we can access each other easily. There is some peace of mind knowing the extra keys only open doors (and can't be used to "charge" anything). Usually the "adults" all have private rooms and the cousins have a "boy" and "girl" rooms (unless they're married and have little kids, then they have a room of their own.)

Ours is a similar situation, though only three generations. My brother and I have adjoining cabins, but my mom has a junior suite and will likely take pairs of grandkids for overnighters. And, technically, I'm in her room, though I'll never sleep there!

I usually put a splotch of nail polish (not on the magnetic strip) to help readily distinguish the extra room key from my sign & sail card that I can use for buying stuff. A marker might do the same job.

You can ask the pursar's desk to punch a hole in the cards too, and bring lanyards (especially useful for the kids if they don't use pockets).

We did this on our last family cruise. Make sure you bring a sharpie to mark the room number on the card. Not the entire room number mind you in case it gets lost but perhaps the lasts two digits or "Grandma room". etc.:)

I usually put a splotch of nail polish (not on the magnetic strip) to help readily distinguish the extra room key from my sign & sail card that I can use for buying stuff. A marker might do the same job.

You can ask the pursar's desk to punch a hole in the cards too, and bring lanyards (especially useful for the kids if they don't use pockets).

What a great idea - was wondering how you would tell the difference with multiple "keys"

Archived