Does NCL do anything for birthdays?

Pete69

I haven't sailed NCL yet but I haven't seen anything about 'free' cake (you can order a package through gifts and services) I'm sure the staff might sing happy birthday at dinner or something if you ask them to. I don't see why they wouldn't.

I was on the Jewel last year to surprise my mother for her birthday. I told the butler that it was my my mom's birthday and that we were were meeting in my suite before dinner to show my mother what a suite looked like since she sails in a balcony. We had a cake delivered there and another one was delivered at Cagney's which Happy Birthday was sung Since my mother is not suppose to eat cake she was surprised and the rest of us were also in Cagneys (there were 8 of us) What made it special was that it was my mother's last birthday

I was on the Jewel last year to surprise my mother for her birthday. I told the butler that it was my my mom's birthday and that we were were meeting in my suite before dinner to show my mother what a suite looked like since she sails in a balcony. We had a cake delivered there and another one was delivered at Cagney's which Happy Birthday was sung Since my mother is not suppose to eat cake she was surprised and the rest of us were also in Cagneys (there were 8 of us) What made it special was that it was my mother's last birthday

Glad your mom's birthday was special :)

DH and I have had a few "complimentary" anniversary cakes while on NCL. (We cruise the week of our Anniversary)

We've had it noted on our reservation. Also, unless you're really secretive about it, the word tends to circulate and things magically show up.

I posted on the NCL webpage one day about how wonderful it was to wake up on a NCL ship in the Bahamas on your birthday and came back to the room that day to find a surprise waiting. Had completely forgotten about the post and was trying to figure out how they figured it out....lol

Most ships give you cake--nice good cake

Our last cruise on the Breakaway they had an occasion cocktail party first evening. Cards were left in cabins.This was very nice, and hope all the ships do this

Either way, let them know of any special events PRIOR to the cruise.

Congrats everybody

Safe sailing

It's best to let your NCL PCC or travel agent know ahead of time. A card is left in your room and you can bring it to any dinner location you wish. They will bring out your cake and a few of the waiters will sing to you. Have a great celebration.

Archived