Are our balcony rooms going to be over certain areas?

CruisinCarps

I switched our rooms to cove balconies that partition to one another. I think we'll be much happier there. Plus, we plan on getting of the ship pretty much as early as possible when we port- this will help to. (No need to wait for the elevators.) Our last cruise, we used the stairs a lot instead of waiting for elevators. (Worked off some of that food!)

Thanks so much for this board! We prefer a little more privacy and we don't hang out there to get sun. Will be cool to be that close to the water. (My husband says we should bring some deep-sea fishing rods- lol!) ;)

So thankful for everyone's tips! I don't think we would have been as pleased in our original rooms and y'all were right- the original rooms did NOT have connecting balconies like we were told. Got that fixed now. :D

We LOVE the cove balconies!! We get so much sun when we're out in the ports that it's nice to have the shade on our balcony. The first year we cruised on the Dream, we were on Deck 8 and it would get really hot out on the balcony.

I have a feeling you'll be much happier with the new cabins. Enjoy your cruise!

Ahahahahaha! Tears, I have tears coming out!!! :p:D I can't wait to show my husband this...LMAO!
Saw a rumor circulating on another thread THAT Cove Balcony's tend to trap smoke from other cabins in the area...:eek:

I had considered that option for an upcoming cruise, and decided against it after reading the thread...:o Guess nothing is perfect!:rolleyes:

Saw a rumor circulating on another thread THAT Cove Balcony's tend to trap smoke from other cabins in the area...:eek:

I had considered that option for an upcoming cruise, and decided against it after reading the thread...:o Guess nothing is perfect!:rolleyes:

We have close friends who sailed the Magic in December 2012. The wife was in tears telling us how their balcony was totally unusable due to smoke being trapped. They had previously sailed in regular balcony cabins and were aware of the smoke issue, but said the problem was nothing like they encountered in a Cove balcony. If they opened their cabin door the smoke got sucked into their cabin and then the cabin smelled of smoke.

They have booked the Magic again for Dec 8, but have a forward Lido deck balcony hoping to avoid the smoke issue they had in the cove. They are just hoping that spa cabin prices will drop enough so they can upgrade and be assured that they can enjoy their balcony.

To the OP - we are sailing the Magic next Sunday with family next door in spa balcony cabins. Our TA double checked checked with Carnival before we booked that the balcony partitions can be opened between our cabins. The grandchildren love to be able to run back and forth between the cabins. We are sailing in spa cabins to protect the little ones from the smoke. I hate the smoke, but hate even more for little kids to have to breathe it.

Edited by DebJ14

Another GOOD reason to have a TA who is actually familiar with a cruise ship, and has personal experience on some.. :o I tried the 'agents' at Carnival, and most are sales-people trying to sell you a cabin, they have no idea about..! Only what the computer in front of them 'says'..:rolleyes:

Apparently the Cove Balconies have received many negative reviews because of the 'smoke' issue.. Spa balconies would be your best choice.. :)

We LOVE the cove balconies!! We get so much sun when we're out in the ports that it's nice to have the shade on our balcony. The first year we cruised on the Dream, we were on Deck 8 and it would get really hot out on the balcony.

Deck 9 you get shade, very nice breeze also. We've been on this deck two years in a row. Last year we heard tables & chairs on Lido being moved. This year we didn't hear a thing in room 9397. Can't remember the room last year, but know it was on port side.

• 7 months later...