Watersports and Snorkeling

We will be stopping at St. Thomas, St. Martin and St. Kitts in January and I would like to do a jet skiing or aqua boat tour on one of the islands and a snorkeling tour on one of the islands. I would also like to know which island would be best for a beach break.

Can anyone tell me what's the best type of activity for each island? My kids are 11 and 16 so they get bored with island "history" type tours and just sitting on the beach for too long without anything else to do.

I'll post this in the St. Thomas and St. Martin forum too since it applies to all three islands.

Thanks so much!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from St. Kitts and that was our favorite island on a 5-island trip! I booked a day with Honu Pelikana. My kids (17 &19) loved it. No experience required, they will teach you and we all picked it up easily. They have two options, you can do a 2-3 mile guided tour along the shoreline or what we did, a guide will pick you up and bring you to a very secluded beach, show you how to use paddle boards and let you hang out for as long as you like then bring you back to port. Our guide, Tyler, brought beach chairs, snorkel equip, a cooler of drinks & snacks. He was very laid back and fun to talk to, we had an awesome day! A few notes of caution, first, the beach had no bathroom facilities, etc...we were literally the only people there (which we loved, we aren't high maintenance people) and second, the transportation was an old SUV, a bit worrisome at times but it got us there and back. He even stopped at a few scenic places for pictures on our way back. All and all, we had a fantastic day! :D

• 4 weeks later...
We just got back from St. Kitts and that was our favorite island on a 5-island trip! I booked a day with Honu Pelikana. My kids (17 &19) loved it. No experience required, they will teach you and we all picked it up easily. They have two options, you can do a 2-3 mile guided tour along the shoreline or what we did, a guide will pick you up and bring you to a very secluded beach, show you how to use paddle boards and let you hang out for as long as you like then bring you back to port. Our guide, Tyler, brought beach chairs, snorkel equip, a cooler of drinks & snacks. He was very laid back and fun to talk to, we had an awesome day! A few notes of caution, first, the beach had no bathroom facilities, etc...we were literally the only people there (which we loved, we aren't high maintenance people) and second, the transportation was an old SUV, a bit worrisome at times but it got us there and back. He even stopped at a few scenic places for pictures on our way back. All and all, we had a fantastic day! :D

I'm seriously considering this for our day in St Kitts next Friday. I've sent them an email and hopefully will hear from them soon! Thanks for your review!

Archived