Help Athens airport to Port on bus 96x

bcnvcanada

Please to explain, where to purchase tickets at the airport and location of bus stop at the airport. THANKS,

About tickets... has a kiosk at the bus stop for purchase your tickets..

The stop is at arrivals floor. When exit the arrivals floor you will see the buses at the right side, next taxi line.

X96 go to Piraeus port (not so close to cruises port)

X95 go to Athens center (Syntagma square)

We took the X95 three times picking up and returning a rental car and then heading to the airport to leave. You will have no problems there. Just double check you are on the right bus as several leave from there. It is clearly marked on the front. We found the express bus service excellent.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I just came back from 10 day cruise Athens to Istanbul. After we landed in Athens airport, We took the bus X96.

The bus was just outside the terminal, follow the bus sign. Once we got out of the terminal, the bus X96 was waiting. I remembered the schedule was every 10 min? We arrived at 2pm at the airport.

It cost us 5€ per person, 10€ total. The taxi would be 60 or 70€. If you have another couple to share it with, I think it is worth the taxi ride, rather than the bus.

The bus took 1.5 hour. The bus is not express. (X in X96 was misleading). It stopped at every stop (20 or 30). The luggage holding area was small. Imagine being squeezed in a crowded bus of luggages, backpacks, for 90 minute ride. If you have the time, it is best to wait for a less crowded bus.

Get off when you see the port, because the last bus stop is further away from Gate 11, 12 where the cruise ships dock most of the times.

From where we get off the bus, even though we could see our ship, it was still a good 25 minute walk to Gate 11 or 12. With luggages and under hot sun, it seem longer. However, There is a bus #843 that would take you to right outside Gate 11 terminal where we board our ship (Oceania Riviera.) and the bus is free, we were told. We did not use the free bus. We walked. So we feel less guilty indulging sumptuous food on board;)

Archived