Compare Ambrose & Cosol tours

dmdicato

We are debating going on either the West Coast Island Delight Tour with Ambrose or the Full-Day St. Lucia Tour with Cosol. We are not beach people and wonder which would be better for us. Ambrose claims 45 minutes of the 6 hour tour will be beachtime, but Cosol doesn't indicate anything specific.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!, Darlene

We are debating going on either the West Coast Island Delight Tour with Ambrose or the Full-Day St. Lucia Tour with Cosol. We are not beach people and wonder which would be better for us. Ambrose claims 45 minutes of the 6 hour tour will be beachtime, but Cosol doesn't indicate anything specific.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!, Darlene

Although we have not toured with Cosol, we have toured with Spencer Ambrose on his West Coast Island Delight Tour. We did get 45 minutes at Jalousie Beach--which seemed too short. The reason we choose Spencer Ambrose over Cosol was because at that time, Cosol had no mention of Jalousie Beach being a stop on his tour and we really wanted to see this beach set between the famous and iconic Pitons. Overall we couldn't have been happier with our choice. There were only 7 people in our touring van. Moreover, Spencer was an amazing tour guide and was one of the best tour guides we ever encountered! We found him to be very hospitable and friendly and we had a wonderful time.

In general, both Cosol's island tour and Spencer's West Coast Island Delight Tour will take you to the same sites--banana plantation, fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, Sulphur Springs Drive-in Volcano, Toraille Waterfall and Jalousie Beach situated between the two Pitons. Both tours are $65 and include drinks and snacks. Although these tours are similar, there are a couple differences between them.

1. Cosol offers food sampling mid-morning whereas Spencer offers a full buffet lunch in a local restaurant.

2. Whereas Spencer keeps a cooler of drinks right in the van which you can help yourself to at any time, Cosol has a blue drinks van that follows you around.

3. For the return trip to Castries and the cruise ship terminal, both Cosol's island tour and Spencer's West Coast Tour will take you back up on the same road you came down on (this is a 60-90 min. drive). Spencer does have a Land & Sea option which offers a return trip along the coast by boat. This not only allows you to see sights along the coast but will also allow you to spend more time at the beach. Cosol offers land tours only.

4. Spencer runs a smaller land tour operation than Cosol. Cosol has many more people, many more drivers and many more vans.

If you are interested, here is a YouTube video of our West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer Ambrose Tours.

Overall, both Cosol and Spencer get good reviews, so I am sure you will be happy with whomever you choose.

Hope this helps!

We signed up with Spencer Ambrose today. I appreciate your advice!

Darlene

I am glad to help. We have toured with Spencer on more than one occasion and had an exceptional experience each time. You are sure to have a wonderful time. Tell Spencer, his friends from Ontario say hello and wish we could be touring with him again!

If you are interested, here is a YouTube video of our West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer Ambrose Tours.

Overall, both Cosol and Spencer get good reviews, so I am sure you will be happy with whomever you choose.

Hope this helps!

LOVED your video! Thanks for sharing that adventure. You're detailed information is great as well. Good to know about how the drinks are handled. Hard to tell what was different between them.

We're cruising in November and have been debating between Cosol and Spencer as well. It looks like both have very good reviews. However, we booked with Cosol 2 days ago. Our main concern was that we are on a HAL ship and have to be back onboard in Castries by 2:30 to cruise the Soufriere Bay to Soufriere. We were a bit concerned about the time. The Spencer tour is listed as 6-7 hours and Cosol says 5.5-6 hours. I suspect we won't have much time at the beach. At least we'll get to see it.

As you said, I think either will offer a good tour. If I ever get back to St. Lucia, I'll select a cruise with more time on St. Lucia and give Spencer a try.

~B~

Archived