unlimited beverage package pre purchase?

according to the ncl website you can pre purchase ubp. I am sailing in October but am not given the option when I login. I called my pcc and she said I cannot pre purchase the ubp. maybe I am too far out? 80 something days. any thoughts? thanx in advance...

Here's what the website says:

"Dear Guest,

Thank you for purchasing Norwegian’s Ultimate Beverage Package. Your package includes a variety of

spirits and cocktails that are valued at $8.50 or less, draft beer $5.95 and under, bottled beer $5.50 and

under, glasses of wine under $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges,

restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay.

Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets,

designated SuperPremium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, wine by the glass over $10,

bottled beer over $5.50, draft beer over $5.95, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices,

select Lavazza coffee beverages or energy drinks. One (1) beverage per person per transaction.

If you have purchased the Ultimate Beverage Package priorto your cruise you will need to obtain a

sticker that will be placed on your guest key card to identify that you have purchased this package.

Please inquire at the Restaurant Reservations Desk on how to receive your sticker.

Cheers!

Norwegian Cruise Line

A15%gratuityplus anyapplicabletaxes willbeadded toallpackagepurchases.Packagesmustbepurchasedbyall

qualifyingindividualsresidinginthestateroom oradditionalstateroomsunderthesamemethodofpaymentfortheentire

lengthofthecruise.Packagesmaynotbesharedandarenon-transferableandnon-refundable. Youmustbeat least21

yearsofagetopurchaseanyalcoholicpackageandtoconsumealcohol.Seethetermsofourguestalcohol policy.Other

termsandconditionsmay apply.

Norwegianencouragestheresponsibleuseofalcoholandaccordinglyreservestherighttopermanentlyortemporarily

revokethedrinkingprivilegesofanyguestwho violates Norwegian’sGuestCodeofConductor whoisdeemedadanger

tohimself,herselforothersbyvesselmanagement.Continuedabuseofalcoholwhilesailingand/or violationof

Norwegian’salcoholpolicyymay resultinimmediatedisembarkation."

You should be able to prepurchase this option, might be worth a second call.

You can pre purchase the UBP. I just did it two days ago. You PCC us likely mistaken, although I understand they do not offer it on certain sailings, like during spring break.

Forget your PCC... Just call the 800 number, give them a reservation number and tell them you wish to add the UBP. Takes two minutes.

• 2 months later...

We just returned from Breakaway. Had prepaid and had sticker added immediately upon boarding. It was actively promoted during first few days, not 100% sure but appeared as if you purchased it may have been retroactive. You are still required to sign for each drink, it is posted on your account throughout cruise, and only on final bill are those charges removed. I had wrongfully assumed we'd save the step of signing a check and the resulting stash of receipts piled all over our stateroom!

I agree with everyone else. You need to call the 800 number. My PCC said the same thing, that it is not available to pre purchase any longer and he would put a note on my account to let me know when/if it did. A few days later I just called the 800 number and asked them, they said yup and added it to my reservation, with the option of paying it immediately or with my final payment, which was due the following week. Total cost $788.90 for 2 people on a 7 day cruise.

From my understanding it is only available the first 2 days of the cruise (embarkation and the 1 full day) and has to be purchased for the entire length of the cruise, for everyone over 21 in the same cabin *AND* on the same payment type.

Archived