Question about the new website design

BBsails

I'm tracking two cruises for senior, military, or residence price drops. I have no idea where this information would appear on the new website design. If you have seen a cruise with one of these price drops with the new website display, could you post the link to that cruise? I will check to learn where the information would be displayed should either of the cruises I'm tracking displays a similar price drop. Hope this is clear!

Betsy

I'm tracking two cruises for senior, military, or residence price drops. I have no idea where this information would appear on the new website design. If you have seen a cruise with one of these price drops with the new website display, could you post the link to that cruise? I will check to learn where the information would be displayed should either of the cruises I'm tracking displays a similar price drop. Hope this is clear!

Betsy

You have to check the appropriate boxes as you start to make a reservation. The rates will show up if they exist. (You can stop before having to give any personal information.)

Thanks Alan. I know how to find the information using the old format, checking the appropriate boxes. What I can't figure out is where (after having checked the boxes) a military, senior, or residence rate, if any, would be displayed using the new format.

Thanks Alan. I know how to find the information using the old format, checking the appropriate boxes. What I can't figure out is where (after having checked the boxes) a military, senior, or residence rate, if any, would be displayed using the new format.

I agree. When you checked Military, +55, and/or Resident, it would pop up showing the best rate would be one of the three. Now you don't know what the rate is for??? You can't jump on the Roll Call to announce there is a military rate, senior rate, or yada, yada, yada.

Maybe it's still possible, Wine-O. The rates may still be displayed somewhere, but I can't figure out where. I wish someone would identify a cruise with one of the rates so I could check it out.

dcruisers, if you go to celebritycruises.com you'll see Log In at the top of the page. Click that and follow the directions. Have your reservation number handy. If you don't see your reservation after you've registered at the site, you can type in your reservation number to bring it up.

Interesting. I just went to look at some cruises on the Celebrity website.

Tonight it is displaying the old website format again, but a few days ago I was seeing the new format!

I just looked up two different cruises on different ships, one M-class and one S-class. Both were in the old format.

Have no idea what is going on. :eek:

I tried it again tonight and now it is displaying the new format again.

I know how to find the information using the old format, checking the appropriate boxes. What I can't figure out is where (after having checked the boxes) a military, senior, or residence rate, if any, would be displayed using the new format.
Where it says "Tell us about your party"

You can check

Age 55+

An active or retired member of the U.S. Military or Canadian forces

An active or retired member of U.S. or Canadian Police, Fire Dept. or EMT

and select the state or province you live in

Then when you get to the screen where it shows the names of the stateroom categories and the prices, if a special rate is currently being offered, then right under the name of the stateroom category in blue letters it will say

Best Rate Applied

with the price shown over to the right side.

To see which type of special rate was applied, just hover your mouse on the words Best Rate Applied and it will tell you which type of rate it is.

But if there is no special rate being offered for that category stateroom, it does not display the words Best Rate Applied.

Well, it is now only a few hours later.

I just went to look up another cruise on the Celebrity website, and now it is back in the old format again!!

But in this format also, when it says

Best Rate Applied

if you hover your mouse on the words Best Rate Applied it will show you which type of rate it is using.

Now I wonder if it will be showing the old format or the new format tomorrow.

Thanks, varoo. This is the part I hadn't figured out:

Then when you get to the screen where it shows the names of the stateroom categories and the prices, if a special rate is currently being offered, then right under the name of the stateroom category in blue letters it will say

Best Rate Applied with the price shown over to the right side.

To see which type of special rate was applied, just hover your mouse on the words Best Rate Applied and it will tell you which type of rate it is.

I found a cruise with discounts and figured out where they would show up using the new format. Strange that some are seeing the old format and others the new. I haven't seen the old format at all since the switch.

Well, it is now only a few hours later.

I just went to look up another cruise on the Celebrity website, and now it is back in the old format again!!

But in this format also, when it says Best Rate Applied

if you hover your mouse on the words Best Rate Applied it will show you which type of rate it is using.

Now I wonder if it will be showing the old format or the new format tomorrow.

I think there must be various versions being tested - I'm looking at a sailing that I know has military rates; however the Best Rate Applied is not appearing.

I think there must be various versions being tested - I'm looking at a sailing that I know has military rates; however the Best Rate Applied is not appearing.
Now I am seeing the new format again, but it is no longer showing Best Rate Applied for either the senior or military discounts!

(At least not for the cruises I just checked out.)

Each time they fix one feature, they manage to mess up another. :eek:

But the Celebrity website has been that way for years.

They badly need to get someone in charge who knows how to test and debug a system in-house before putting it into production online for their users.

Archived