NOLA weather in February

TMS9539

We are thinking about taking a cruise leaving from NOLA in February. What is the weather like then? The first and last days of the cruise are sea days and I'm wondering if it will be too cold on the ship to be out on the decks sunbatheing. I really don't want to lose two full days of the cruise so if it's going to be cold I'd rather leave from Florida. Thanks.

Depends on what you consider cold. It felt great to me when I was there this past Feb. superbowl weekend. upper 60's low 70's. You hit the gulf in the middle of the night so by the time you wake up it will be much warmer.

There is no real way to predict this. Feb. can be very cold or warm. We live in the area and have taken several Feb. cruises because Mardi Gras week usually falls in Feb. (If one doesn't want to cruise with a ton of kids and teens, always avoid Mardi Gras week. Many locals with kids take cruises. In 2014, it is the first week of March.) The first and last day has usually been to cool to swim but not sunbath but again, it is a gamble. Feb. can literally be very warm or very cold, but most likely somewhere in between.

Archived