Pre-existing condition question & advice needed

jandjct

I'm new to CC and need advice about our trip insurance. Not knowing any better, I agreed to the trip insurance from NCL when I booked our cruise. I knew nothing about the pre-existing clause and get totally boggled by the legalese, so I thought we were covered. But reading here I realize we aren't.

Here's my question ... NCL has a sale on right now. It would cost a bit more for a similar cabin (maybe $100-200.) Can I cancel our cruise and rebook? Then I could go to insuremytrip and get coverage that would include pre-existing conditions? I called yesterday and the cruise consultant said I would lose money, but I didn't tell her about the insurance issue.

Also, when I went to insuremytrip there are so many options! Any thoughts on which type of policy we should get? My husband has diabetes and I have high-blood pressure and had thyroid cancer. They took me off of 1 of my meds cause my ankles were swelling less than 60 days ago. But my BP has been under control.

We are planning on NCL Gem from Nov 16-25. I think the sale runs through tomorrow or Friday. Our final payment is due on Sept 2.

Thank you so much for your help. Wish I had read more before I booked.

Go to the Trip Insurance Store's website. It's very easy to understand. If you have any questions email or call one of their agents. They're very helpful and will be able to answer your questions.

***Trip Insurance Store***

Also use them and agree 100% that they are very helpful and will help you get the coverage you need for your situation.

Would it be cheaper to just go ahead and buy one of the policies from CSA that will issue a pre-ex waiver up until final payment? (And I think HTH is another...)

Yeah, you'll end up with two policies, but you might save money over losing your good fare.

those are great web sites! CSA and Trip Insurance Store's CSA quote are the same - at least at a quick glance. I will check it out more later tonight. Thanks so much for your help!

Archived